⚽ 🔃 The Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Is that it? What a disappointing transfer deadline day, what had Gao said? What have the Chinese said? Why hadn’t Fat Kat spent her fathers ill gotten gold?

If this was Derby Mbappe would be here by now…

1 Like

Both could do JWP’s role short term but not Romeu’s in my opinion.

Oh well, overall not a bad window for us. Barring the totally anticipated Ings departure, albeit unanticipated destination.

Strangely excited to see the 17 year old left back and could you just imagine if Lyanco turns out not to be a complete liability?! Oh how we Saints fans can dream.

What actually happened then?

Why you asking me? My internet is fucked, its currently still 1978 here ffs

2 Likes

Quick, get John Peel on, there’s a few punk sessions tonight :+1:

3 Likes

Well according to Sky, who clearly dedicated an entire cursory glance to the transfer dealings at little old Saints, we spent £15m in this transfer window.

So according to Sky, £15m for Armstrong + £5m for Livramento + £6m for Lyanco + £11m for Perraud = £15m…

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

In their defence they were too busy blowing their load over the top four club’s signings to bother doing anything resembling decent research, accurate ‘journalism’ or indeed mathematics.

2 Likes

For those of you thinking, “Chill out Simon, they must mean net spend”… nope:

3 Likes

I was just about to say that, so thanks for stopping me look like a cock.

4 Likes

It does say ‘excludes undisclosed fees’ but when was the last time we ever disclosed a transfer fee? Even when we sold VVD for £75m they just said a club record received etc.

Well, someone has to try…

1 Like

Calling @BTripz badge maker supreme- Go to it fella.

Everton can suck it

1 Like

10 Likes
9 Likes

A combination of a Serbian and a Latin American are too volatile, he gets much red cards than Jankewitz. And he is pure garbage. When I heard about a transfer, I look at former team forum, about Livramento is meltdown, Gorilla has similar posters like Carrillo at Monaco, they simply can t believe how lucky they are to receive an amount to a player for which they would have been willing to pay to see him leave. And first match confirm first cock up. More will follow… :grin:

More detail from the Athletic about Tino’s release clause:

“ And The Athletic can reveal that the terms of the transfer mean Southampton won’t have to start paying the £5 million fee until next summer. It is also understood that Chelsea’s agreed buyback clause does not kick in until 2023. That buyback clause is set at £50 million, although he would actually cost Chelsea around £38 million as they are in line to receive a share of the profit from the player’s next move.”

So this implies that if Chelsea were not the team he moved back to, they’d still get 25% of the fee

4 Likes

seems fair

A post was split to a new topic: :soccer: :arrows_clockwise: The January 2022 Transfer Thread