⚽ :saints: The Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

BIIg difference between making mistakes in the transfer market and the model being shit…

( I see Fowlydd provided a similar response)

He’ll go if we’re tight cunts and where would you put your money on? Our Coventryesque board will not set any targets and simply use elastic words that mean shit.

Bet you he’s here at the end of the transfer window.

We’ll see, if he doesn’t get what he wants he’ll be gone.
Its a poor squad and an average first XI, without improvement more of the same.
Sounds fun doesn’t it.

He’ll be here.
More kids will come through and we’ll buy some more, plus one or two more established players.
It’s a new dawn Barry, you know the managers excellent. He’ll show what you can do with willing young talent and the owner has been getting rid of all the people you wanted him to. We even appear to be bringing in new sponsors(over paying?).
Yes, it sounds fun, so enjoy it(the kids just got promoted👍).

5 Likes

How come you’ve never applied for a job there? :smiley:

2 Likes

Certainly looked as if this year’s crop of U23’s may have better physicality and abilities than some of the previous couple of seasons.

Slattery looked at home when he came in to the team O’Connor, Jones & Klarer look interesting and N’Lundulu looks like he has potential to work with and tidy up.

Then you read that article in the Echo where Adam Lietch explains the reality of the situation…

Yes, some of the youngsters looked good, particularly at the back(even the last 20mins).
Is N’Lundulu the forward that came off for Barns? If so, could be great. Looks huge, pacey and can turn like a ballerina. Wonder how Ralph sees him and the others you mentioned.
I wouldn’t bother about the article. Ralph knows the reality and that the club have gone that extra bit to get him. I think they’ll allow him at least one pick(maybe two) before they demand the sell to buy approach. Could be slow after that admittedly.

We get promoted in the junior League and all of a sudden its class of 19, the thing is in 92 they retained their players as well…

Cheer up you miserable twat. They got promoted. What more do you want?

4 Likes

Which era did you live in when Southampton were not a selling club?

Does Shearer for 3m still hurt?

What should we do in these situations? Hold players to their contracts? Remove road signs to London and the North West in the Southampton era?

If this were a new thing, I’d understand, but MLT was the only youth player we’ve had “recently” that spent his entire career at Saints. He retired in 2003.

Are you hankering for the good old days where the likes of Sparky came to us to die?

4 Likes

To be fair, this could have worked for a few of them😂

2 Likes

Always been a selling the club but the issue is continually selling and not replacing with adequate cover, we all know this, Reed and Kruegar got fired because we’ve bought wank from large sales of players.
The system also needs to be looked at as we’ve been lucky in the fact it hasn’t cost us our status, where would we be then?
With such high stakes can we afford such a risky strategy? Just a few fuck ups and we’re in the Championship?
Risky and is it worth it when the fans don’t see the dividend? The board are effectively gambling with the clubs status for their returns.
Pricks

:raised_hands:t2::pray:t2::crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Echo reporting on a S*n story.

An expensive flop for Everton, can’t see that we’d want him (& he’s 29)

1 Like

A spring chicken in Barry’s dream version of Southampton, though :slight_smile:

I’d agree with the Echo’s analysis in the main. Ralph is on record as wanting younger players, but the club has also benefited massively from signing players in their late 20s.

Pelle would be the obvious example, 28 when he signed, I think.

Newcastle are reported to be interested in Bolasie too.

Warning! Contains Alan Pardew
So with a £7 million switch to Newcastle on the cards, it is interesting to note what former Magpies boss Alan Pardew said about Bolasie during his spell in charge of Crystal Palace.

Yannick Bolasie forward of Anderlecht celebrates scoring a goal during the Jupiler Pro League match between Royal Antwerp FC and Rsc Anderlecht in Bosuil stadium on 17

“Yannick’s cross was of the highest order and he had no right to put in a ball of that quality from the room he had,” Pardew told the Belfast Telegraph after Bolasie’s superb assist salvaged Palace a 2015 draw against, ironically, Newcastle.

“He is an exciting player - I have been an opposing manager to him - with great power and technique and it gives you an unpredictability in your team which I quite like.”

I quite like Bolasie. Had injury problems of late though.