⚽ :saints: The Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Same bloke on Che Adams…

Swapped a left back for a striker, not a bad deal (if true).

Let’s hope we don’t miss the Targett.

Seems we’ve outbid Everton (and, um Burnley).

The fact it’s the younger of the two left backs on the way out won’t sit well with some fans but that looks decent business to me.

Clearly Ralph rates Bertrand over him and we need to shift players and that can only happen when it’s players that other teams want so…

1 Like

And we think we’re shit at business…

I’ve got a downer on Bertrand - or at least the Bertrand we’ve had for the last 2 seasons.

I’d have preferred that we’d kept the younger player and let Ralph work his magic, but you’ve nailed it - we can only sell players that other teams want.

3 Likes

I quite liked Targett, but that’s a very fair price for us. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bertrand left as well, or does no one want him?

Birmingham conspiracy theories abound…

We’ve sold Villa a LB to pay for a striker.
If as rumoured they want to sign Austin, they’ll also pay for our new LB :smile:

Simon Peach agrees with you it seems.

I agree Bertrand hasn’t been as great as he was in his first couple of seasons but put it this way, when both he and Targett were fit, Ralph consistently picked Bertrand. That says to me that he rated him more as a player and also that any perceived attitude issues are not as bad as some fans would have you believe. If he was truly a bad egg and a disruptive influence then Hughes wouldn’t have had him as captain and Ralph would have turfed him out along with Hoedt, quicker than you can say ‘Matt Targett will be better than Luke Shaw’… hmmm, not sure about that one.

1 Like

This states we’d be open to selling Lemina. Not surprising at all but I’ve not read that until now.

1 Like

I love intelligent footballers. Especially when they attended both of the schools I work in.

God bless Matt Targett’s ignorance as he hears the question “Which came first, the chicken or the egg?” apparently for the very first time.

https://twitter.com/EwanCampbell1NI/status/1144964128336822272

1 Like

He’s going to come up against much better defences and keepers, but he’s a finisher.

They said that about Sir Rickie too :wink:

2 Likes

To use an well-worn cliché*, he clearly knows where the goal is. He also appears to have that invaluable knack of being in the right place at the right time.

* This phrase is, in itself, a well-worn cliché. My posts give you more clichés to the pound, no messing.

5 Likes

He puts it where the keeper isn’t, finds the corners, turns on a sixpence and is acquainted with the onion bag.

* Bletch, more clichés to the pound than @Fowllyd since 2019.

4 Likes

Alas, I cannot compete. I threw in the kitchen sink and you then brought out the onion bag.

I do have it on good authority, though, that Che plans to buy a house in the quaint village of Backer Thanet, location of the legendary Boyden Well.

4 Likes

The clear out continues

3 Likes

Possibly should have done this two seasons ago??

3 Likes