⚽ :saints: The Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Where does Ings fit in with that?

Small provincial club tries to makes ends meet against billionaire owned rivals

Club also tries to live within its means

Baz still doesn’t get it

3 Likes

A general strategy is not a dogma - there will always be exceptions. Is that really so hard to grasp?

2 Likes

Live within it means? Have you seen our wage bill and what we get back for that investment? This only proves how shit we have been in buying players the last 3/4 years.

1 Like

Caveat alert.

I’d say our strategy has been shit for the last few years then wouldn’t you?
Stick with dogma as you put it or change it as it isn’t working?

1 Like

OK, I’ll answer this, and then you can address the questions that I asked you. Unless you’re willing to do that then don’t expect any further response from me to your questions. Fair’s fair and all that.

It doesn’t make the strategy shit, it simply indicates that said strategy has not been well executed - or, in some respects, not really carried out at all. In the first instance, we’ve bought less well - the fix for that is to buy better, not to change our general aims in the transfer market.

Where the strategy has not been carried out over the past few years has been in focussing too much on bringing players in, while paying scant attention to those that we have in our own academy. Under Hasenhuttl we have, among other positives, used more players from the academy - Sims, Valery, Ramsey, Obafemi and a few others. None has been perfect, but all have shown sufficient promise of better things to come.

Also, even though we’ve made poor signings over the past few years, we’ve also made some very good ones. Redmond, Hojbjerg and Bednarek are all looking like excellent signings, and several others look good and could well improve.

One other thing. After you’ve answered the questions that I asked you before, here’s another one. What strategy would you propose? You seem to be very good at identifying what you don’t like, but other than very vague generalities I’ve seen little to suggest what you do want.

Oh, and I didn’t say we were sticking with dogma. You just made that up.

2 Likes

So you want to bed in ie carry players whilst they get used to the Premiership and when they do and if we stay up as they haven’t failed we sell them and start again?
You can’t see an issue with this?
Why did Reed and Kruegar get sacked?
Poor coffee skills?

So, in response to this:

You respond with this:

So, answer the questions I’ve asked you, drop the ludicrous straw man shit, and I will consider responding to what you post. If you can’t do that then I won’t. Do you genuinely not understand why it is that you’re scarcely taken seriously?

Being taken seriously is something I think you should obviously know is something that does not concern me on here, our transfer policy is broken, you sell your best players and don’t replace them adequately you fail and in the long term it’ll lead to relegation.
Thats not rocket science.

Quite obviously as we’ve sacked Kruegar and Reed, it was broken.

Where the strategy has not been carried out over the past few years has been in focussing too much on bringing players in, while paying scant attention to those that we have in our own academy. Under Hasenhuttl we have, among other positives, used more players from the academy - Sims, Valery, Ramsey, Obafemi and a few others. None has been perfect, but all have shown sufficient promise of better things to come.

If they’re good enough we’ll play them, have we ever in our modern history been scared of playing youth?

A mix of all, buying senior players and not having an age limit due to lower sell on value, having youth on long term contracts that WILL cost more but it means we recoup more, and foreign moneyball youth.

What’s the age limit that we apply then? Can’t say I’d heard of it, but presumably it’s there.

How many senior outfield players do we sign?

You said there’s an age limit. What is it?

Fowlllyd. You are trying to have a conversation with bazza involving logic and reason. He is relying on Andy Townsend’s commentary.

3 Likes

What was the oldest outfield player we have signed in the last few years?

Why are you so obsessed with signing old players? Are you insecure about your middle aged/middle class existence? The game has moved on Barry. Have you?

Fuck yeah, we need a mixture baby, not just babies and moneyball buys.

You don’t understand the meaning of Moneyball Barry.

I think I do.

Ok sweety

Can you answer my question first please? You said there is an age limit to our signings; I asked you what that age limit is. Can you provide this information? I feel it would be salient.