The Sotonians Experience: Site Feedback

@philippinesaint be afraid, be very afraid

2 Likes

@btripz No didn’t work still only a circle with a speech bubble in it

Yeah & the @thing stopped working. Pulldown menu only puts one name in the box last few days android the round innerweb button thing

Yes I restarted it stopped then

@dubai_phil

Me drop down box is ok

Are we just the Beta testers for Paps web domination?

pap any chance you could lighten the background in the quotes box a little? Kinda rough on those of us with visual problems to easily distinguish the grey background and black writing.

1 Like

Hello @tigger

I’ve lightened the grey and darkened the text.

Any better? You too, @intiniki .

1 Like

OK. Second attempt to respond.

I have Visual Stress and double vision so it will still always be a struggle. But does look a bit better. You could do a user survey and see what visual or learning issues people have, then see if you can make the look of site work for them as best you can. I probably should have better equipment or have Dragon but haven’t given in to that yet.

For me that is a little better thank you pap, not quite such a strain

1 Like

Still can’t tag on my android phone using google browser, Pap

I press the ‘@’ on the function bar which brings up the drop down menu but when I make a selection eg. 70’s Mike - Ceebee it just selects 70’s Mike and doesn’t offer anymore options.

This is all well and good if I wanted to mention 70’s Mike but not if I’m trying to mention Bear or Bazza or Ceebee

i had that problem at first. Trick is not to finger 70s Mike - he doesn’t like that - you have to press on the little arrow to the right hand side of his name.

1 Like

Cheers @bearsy … works now !!

2 Likes

The Thread tags add way to much blue to the front page of yer site it is beginning to look like the Portsmouth Nrws with not so many grammatical mistakes

2 Likes

Have thought that myself, @philippinesaint

We’ll maybe try something red with light text, similar intensity.

1 Like

You know what Phil, I’d never noticed that but now you’ve mentioned it, it’s all I notice … time for a change as a matter of urgency or it might jinx us on sunday !!

…and who’s fault would that be @pap

1 Like

Well @pap it’s still a sea of Pompey blue and white on the tagging front. Any chance before the big game on Sunday to get the colours up?

It has been abundantly clear during the last few months that we need to change a few things in respect to site governance. As Sotonians has grown to the whopping 350ish member number, so to has the pressure and expectation on the two people tasked with moderating it, to the point where people have suggested we get more.

It’s not just about moderation, though. It’s about ownership. There’s a sense, even among my trusted hetero life partner @saintbletch - that I own this site. I know I’ve said many words to the contrary, but in a sense, there was no escaping that essential reality.

From now on, Sotonians is going to be owned by four people, each with equal decision making power in matters of moderation. Later on down the line, this may be formalised into a limited company arrangement, but as far as I’m concerned, I am honouring this arrangement effective immediately.

As well as myself and @saintbletch , @goatboy will also co-own the site (and moderate, god help us). @rallyboy will likely be involved in this capacity, although he’s less sure about actually moderating.

I’ve got @saintbletch 's agreement for this, but I do know this isn’t very democratic. To counter that, I’m aiming that the site will be _directed _by eight people. These will act as a second house, will have input into site direction, and will be nominated and elected by the site at large.

The revolution has been secured for ages, Sotonians. One of the biggest failures of “Communism” was that it never got out of that dictatorial phase. We ain’t going down like that. We’re “borderline Communists”, according to @hypochondriac

The ownership thing isn’t set in stone either, so please don’t feel disappointed if you’ve not been picked. The team we’ve picked for that was decided because all have Sotonians best interests at heart and have been big players from the start. We’ve kept the team small for now because otherwise, we’d have an embarrassingly high mods-to-active-posters ratio.

Please join me in welcoming the new ownership team.

10 Likes

So what your basically saying is that you have sold the users on to a triumvirate?

Is this like when the Halifax Management sold its business to the rich people and the actual owners of the Halifax got fuck all out of it?

Just jesting with you Pap carry on I am here because I want to be.

3 Likes

Jeez, @goatboy is such a suck-up… :lou_wink:

1 Like

Like most leaders… forgetting women in their top team.

:wink:

We actually didn’t, and a future incarnation will feature women in the top team. We just don’t want a top heavy team at present. I will nominate you for the Soviet :slight_smile: