The Sotonians Experience: Site Feedback

أن من السهل عليك أن تقول

@pap

… or send Goat to meet your teenage daughter off the flight from Warsaw.

2 Likes

I’m connected to the Internet right now. I have superpowers. It’s easy to translate too.

Krakow?

Did someone mention Krakow?

BRING CHOCOCLATE CHILLI VODKA BACK ffs

![Image may contain: drink](https://fb-s-d-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/15823058_10154904751609452_2096153075559673298_n.jpg?oh=4d16789212030792bd099855acced878&oe=5940507F& gda =1493141998_ae457d24991f7caeed1a56a490c2c807)

I didn’t realise you were a cunning-linguist Pap

Well, after a day of new tags and quoting, what do we reckon?

Don’t know what all the fuss is about :lou_lol:

2 Likes

What?

Have I missed something?

@pap

Probably, or not pulled a full refresh on your browser.

The mentions are now all in Saints colours, as is the quoting really. Between all of them, we’ve got home kit colours (non jarg tags), away kit colours (jarg tags, or you specifically, for some to be explained reason). The quoting colour scheme looks a bit like our current lucky away kit, and has a Sotonians logo (designed by @goatboy )

I’m loving it.

2 Likes

Definitly a big improvement for functionality and it’ hasn’t taken long to get used to the new look … it looks better than it did but aesthetically I don’t think it’s quite there yet.

Really like the new quoting style, it’s loads easier to read who’s quoting what. I like the grey boxes, tho’ a shade or two lighter would make them less intrusive.

The tagging is a bit of fun but that’s all for me at the moment. I thought the tags looked much better before the change yesterday evening when you boxed them again … they just look a bit more ‘organic’ and easier on the eye, without the border.

Also the new fullscreen function is really useful when you’re trying to type a post on a mobile.

So overall a thumbs up, from me anyway !

… still have a big problem with the italic font tho’ :lou_wink_2:

Cheers for the overall kudos. On this point in particular, I realised it was something of a gamble. I really wasn’t satisfied with the other tagging style. Thought it was a bit limp, and there was an obvious problem with the away tags when quoted. I didn’t like the originals entirely either. They were too intrusive, as many pointed out.

I _did _notice that the font we’d used for the quote was bordered and looked decent, and that the text was slightly smaller. The brief I’m trying to hit is that it has to look okay quoted or not, and has to have a measure of consistency with other site concepts. In this case, user mentions (either explicit or the originally quoted by section) are all the same size, all refer to a user, and all have a border.

I like it because its striking, but I realise it’ll take some getting used to. It is distinctive though, and while I’m sure I’ll have ol’ @areloa-grandee having the occasional pop, I reckon he’ll soon get used to it.

Just thought I’d explain some of the thinking behind the call.

I don’t mean the font generally, I really like it. My problem is when it’s italicised it shows as a completely different font and looks really odd

Not seeing that problem, although there were a couple of fonts that didn’t get uploaded a while back. What are you using to view the site?

Just a thought, but the About Us page could do with an update.

It’s probably one of the first places where people visiting for the first time will go to.

The groovy site features are all well and good (they are btw) but the About Us is the shop window, so to speak.

4 Likes

Good shout, especially given that we’ve got the data to feed that page now. Top threads, top posters, profile links, etc. It could do with a big overhaul.

1 Like

@pap I’m all at sea

2 Likes

@pap Thats better now for the quite deletion thing.

1 Like

@rational-rich Hello Rich you don’t know me but I’m calling out to you.

5 Likes

And thus @barry-sanchez , future scourge of the mentions system, thunders into existence.

1 Like

What you need is some of @hot-boobs

4 Likes