The Sotonians Advice Seekers Thread

Yep, meeting Bletch for the first time is as enjoyable as whiplash or amputation.

6 Likes

Not really Steve. I just wanted some people to say ā€œyouā€™re right, fuck the whole thing off and donā€™t feel bad about itā€ but so far I have had my status as a man questioned, been told to shut up and go, been told to take lots of drugs and been told to lie about being there when Iā€™m not. Although I appreciate the great efforts people have gone to to help advise me, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve heard the correct answer yet.

4 Likes

Do what ya like Fats. He probably thinks youā€™re a dick anyway and only invited you because they needed someone to wear the ā€˜I want Kellyā€™s babiesā€™ t shirt for the Phonics gig.

4 Likes
  1. Itā€™s not about what you like.

2. So what. Itā€™s not about what you like.

3. Youā€™ll meet new people wherever you go.

4. You said yourself, the cost is ok(but only if you pick?).

5. See above.

6. Again, not about you.

Now go back to the highlighted bit. Itā€™s a simple question of, how close a friend he is.

Your may even find you like the stereophonics(pm @thecholulakid about the necessary drugs).

2 Likes

If I were you, Iā€™d fuck the whole thing off ā€¦ nothing to feel bad about !!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking, steve. Good advice, thanks.

5 Likes

This is not at all helpful.

2 Likes

Fuck it. While heā€™s at the festival take his wife to be out. Thatā€™ll teach him.

2 Likes

Itā€™s his first marriage (?)ā€¦tell him youā€™ll come to his second, when heā€™s older and wiser.

I think youā€™ll find that IS helpful.

1 Like

Yeah but sheā€™ll probably be at her hen party in Las Vegas

3 Likes

Spend Ā£300 on a shit weekend that you hate?..

Difficult oneā€¦NOT!

If heā€™s your mate heā€™ll understand but it might be worth coming up with a really good excuse - maybe break your own ankle or inject yourself with dog shit, just so you donā€™t look too miserable when you miss it.

But however you dodge it, paying Ā£300 for a shit time is a non-starter.

7 Likes

Why canā€™t people just go to the pub and have a meal with friends for the stag and hen do? Thankfully I know very few people who actually get married so donā€™t have to go through with being invited for a week in magaluf with a bunch of people i probably donā€™t know well. Or it could be that most people l know, know Iā€™m not really into marriage and donā€™t invite me. Could be that. But after all that if itā€™s a very good friend then I turn up and help them celebrate their day.

Anyway is a work/football mate on the list of really wanting to support them on their stag?

5 Likes

@fatso just tell the best man that youā€™ll break his fucking legs if he doesnā€™t stop being a dick.

Has the groom actually said that this is what he wants to do for his stag do. Sounds to me like the best man is doing what he wants to do

Camping ? Is he too tight to stay in a hotel.

Feck 'em, thatā€™s what I say.

3 Likes

When itā€™s left to the ā€˜maid of honourā€™ and ā€˜best manā€™ surely they do what they think the bride groom wants (or maybe what they want is what really happens). This reminds me of the wedding fair episode in Gavin and Stacey where Matt Lucas organises stags he wants to do getting the bestman and stags to pay for a free holiday.

I see endless photos on social media of bloody hen dos where they have an ā€˜experienceā€™ i.e. be beyonce or a weekend somewhere expensive. Iā€™ve been to 5 hens - all meals and pub/club. Iā€™ve been on 2 stags (I know outrageous isnā€™t it as I am female). One was getting very drunk in a pub, the other was a pub crawl in Liverpool dressed as superheroes. Both were fun and not horrifically breaking the bank.

I know the happy couple will be spending a fortune on their wedding and the guests get a free meal and bar but attending the wedding is also pricey so adding on the week long stags/hens is getting a bit ridiculous (it also takes up precious annual leave - why do they think youā€™d want to spend that time with them?!).

2 Likes

Call me old fashioned but is crippling debt now seen as an essential start to a successful marriage?

5 Likes

Itā€™s my wedding anniversary today (true)

My stag do was beer and a chinese in Soho.

Then more beer and adult art filmsā€¦on VHS which was a right bugger rewinding to catch certain details of interestā€¦thank heaven for DVDs and the interweb these days tbfā€¦

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the festival/camping thing is the grooms idea.

I think that during his speech or when reading out the good wishes cards, the best man (weā€™ll call him Colin) should read your contributions on this thread.

ā€¦Aunt Hilda wishes you all the best and is glad your gonorrhoea has cleared upā€¦

ā€¦ And Fatso has put a price tag on your friendship; Ā£300 as long as he gets to go overseasā€¦

ā€¦ Uncle Tony asks if Tanya (the bride) is post op, or is she just hairy due to hormones?

ā€¦despite Terry and Tanyaā€™s emotional first dance being Handbags and Gladrags, Fatso thinks itā€™s SHITā€¦and he also said he wished he didnā€™t have to chip in the any money to pay for your stag do.

Youā€™ve got to love the fat fucker, havenā€™t youā€¦

4 Likes

youā€™ve made me look bad there, Bletch.

luckily heā€™s getting married in Australia and I wonā€™t be goingā€¦ have you seen the price of flights!

Just shag the groomā€™s Mum - youā€™ll be off that stag invite list before you know it.