📉 The sack race

It’s mixed feelings for me, Bob. The pride of delivering a very well paid man his P45 on the pitch, mixed with the pain of knowing we were the straw that broke the camel’s back.

You can imagine all those Fulham fans now. “Can’t even fackin’ beat Saaafampton, isn’t it?*”

* Fulham is quite posh.

And yet the first team coach, Scott Parker, the guy who has been doing the coaching that has resulted in their position at the bottom steps up to replace Ranieri. Makes no sense to me.

Thankfully. :lou_lol:

Football is like this Competition I just got home from. You play awesome, the punters tell you you were great but the judge is some old fossil who’s judgement can be called into question. That’s how Scott Parker ended up with the job

Perennial under achiver Steve Mclaren has been fired by QPR after 1 win in 15 games.
How he kept getting jobs is amazing.

1 Like

I know it’s ten years old now, but this clip of McClaren’s interview when he was manager of F C Twente still males me howl with laughter. What a complete Knob!
https://www.benchwarmers.ie/football/watch-steve-mcclarens-dutch-accent-still-one-funniest-things-ever/130510/#.XKJFpNi__IU

1 Like

Brighton have sacked Chris Hughton. A bit harsh i think.

1 Like

Can’t really blame them. Rudderless for a huge part of the season.

1 Like

Please please please let them appoint Hughes

5 Likes

No dice, I’m afraid. But at least he may represent a shift towards a less shit and boring approach to the way Brighton play football.

https://www.skysports.com/share/11724828

3 Likes

Good luck to them(and him). It’s a great choice. Has risks, but potentially huge rewards and all but the top 6 or 7 have no other option really, plus it’s another old boring twat(yes you Hughes) less likely to be employed boring everyone.

Interesting games being played out on the back pages. Pochettino being linked with or dropping hints all over the place.
Clearly a tactic to push Levy to actually buy some players for him, and signs that hasnt happened yet.
This one could be worth finding the popcorn for, Levy wont have much cash and could really fvck it up.

He’ll be off after the CL final win or lose. Spurs wont have a better season in the foreseeable.

4 Likes
1 Like

Still think we should make an offer for Beattie, especially if we’re getting Che Adams. They worked very well together last year.

Whilst I can’t disagree that he would score more than Shane Long, isn’t he just a tad old now?

7 Likes

I meant as a coach. He got lots of Birmingham players scoring more. That is no bad thing.

Is that what you kids call “Whoosh”?

2 Likes

No whoosh. I did like your joke, and not out of pity :wink: