The Ryder Cup build-up and match thread

We need more, “GET OUT THE HOLE!!” shouting, if they’re allowed to shout “get in the hole” we should get our support properly organised. :lou_angry:

Made it until 01:24am local time, WAY later than planned

Wow, it normally doesn’t go all ebb and flow until Sunday. Superb display of golf by all the groups who win. Stenson carried Justin round on his own! Bad knee and all. 9 Birdies in 14 holes.

One big behind the scenes change this year, Organisers realised they had a problem and have now restricted Booze sales to “Village Areas” meant the crowd were less offensive and stayed in the realms of moronic - but then they are Trump Voters so what did we expect.

Nice touch from Rory when he won his match with the whole Bowing thing

3 Likes

Matt Fitzpatrick looks about 14 years old

Been an interesting 15 minutes or so need to hang on and be patient for a few holes

Bloody he’ll what a finish to the morning foursomes. Nobody here could watch that putt for a half!

Medinah never reached this level of drama until late on Sunday. Hope it keeps going.

I know its not all yanks… but fuck me arethey not a bunch of cunts? Some of their ‘banter’ and moronc ‘USA’ is doing my head in - and many of thes thick twats will vote for Trump. Cunts…or am I being too harsh given they struggle with neuron count?

They should stand the most offensive yanks in front of Rory when he fist pumps…

All of America should be shamed by that twat shouting suck dick, but then they have got Trump.

Think Europe will get spanked this afternoon. Too many Rookies off form apart from Thomas Pieters. Darren picks have not played well either

He has loaded the top of the draw with his best players but don’t see where points will come from in last 6 pairings.

Can’t see me needing to stay up to 3am unfortunately

Bet you said that 4 years ago. That’s the only positive I can think of.

So how many US clients and colleagues can I tell to “go fuck themselves” before I get fired.

The flak is already incoming. Come On Europe, my future employability depends upon you turning this around.

Originally posted by @Saint-or-sinner

Bet you said that 4 years ago. That’s the only positive I can think of.

Exactly what I said to Mrs D_P at 10:30 I just said stay with it another hour, it often gets a flow and becomes something… 3am she was wobbling up the stairs singing There’s only 2 Molinaris.

Problem this time as I said in the preview I just didn’t see enough Europeans being in form. Lee can’t putt I said - duh…

Motivation and mental is all well and critical but I don’t see the bottom half of the draw getting the 2 points they will probably need.

But yes, I still put the beer in the fridge and bought the munchies just in case.

And CB?

Best response is the "Yes but let’s face it, Europe needed to let the Americans win, Yanks are funny beings, it would have reached a point where being serial losers they started to ask about bringing in Canada and Venuzeula and that would have been the end of it. Team Europe became what it is because of Seve, can you see a Canadian doing that?

2 Likes

Question.

Do the captains just name the people for the singles on a sheet 1 to 12 and the other team does the same and the numbers are matched or does the home team see the name and put a player against them?

Correct.in your 1st assumption

Name against number so Captains pick the order but not who they will face

1 Like

I’m looking forward to this D_P. Unlikely as it may be, if there’s one sport that’ll throw the form book in your face, it’s golf. Here’s hoping we have to stay up right until the end.

Europe to get 3 points more than the U.S and Saints to get 3 points more than Leicester

2 Likes

Had the day planned out. Beach, footie, golf.

Even managed to fit a ripping curry in to that busy day.

Downside is Mrs D_P has nicked my beer & sofa…

Tell you what Rory v Reid would sell out any MMA gig. They are pumped. No way they’ll get through 1i holes without piling in to each other or the crowd!

Brilliant theatre already

These guys are playing for free. Obviously all their costs paid for & they get invites & leverage this to earn money.

And so the first thing Gareth Southgate should do is show the England squad what passion really is.

This is not going to happen.

Nope. But that Lefty v Sergio match was epic. Will live long in the memory.

2 Likes

Hope some of you made money on that.

Will do a review when get time, but want to say a huge thanks to my Lodger" in the build up 3 weeks of Lad heaven.

He was the golfer in the family, became a tour Pro then tore his rotator cuff muscle & was told he’d never play again. He became a teaching Pro, spent many years in SA. Returned to UK & set up an online business selling the designs of his younger runt of the litter. Which is still successful.

This year he is back getting World Ranking points playing on sponsor invites where he can prior to a full on assault of getting his tour card back next year & then moving to the Seniors tour.

He is as mad as his younger brother and those last 3 weeks have been a scream.

Big thanks to my insider - Danny Poulter PGA

And yes there are some stories for the Pub in Milan :wink:

God protect me from gloating yanks today.

3 Likes

Just tell them you can’t begrudge them a little glory, it’s been such a long time since they won it. However. it’s only out on loan at the moment. I’ll revert to the natural owners in a couple of years.

Try to make it sound as condescending as possible. :lou_lol:

1 Like