:pl: ⚽ The Relegation Run-in - 2021/22 (AKA the Bedwetters thread)

Only as unlikely as this bonkers season. I think it’ll boil down to who wants it most. Unfortunately what we saw on Saturday makes me think we want fuck all.

1 Like

Hopefully this week will see Chelsea and spurs beating them, leaving both needing two wins from two.

Chelsea game is 3 days before FA Cup final…

True, but Chelsea are only 1 point above Arsenal and will be wanting to hold onto 3rd place.

1 Like

At least we won’t be playing fucking Franchise FC next season.

3 Likes

Leeds lose mid week that’s it for me. I think it’s it anyway, but at least it will keep you lot at ease!

Think how sick you’ll be when Vokes gets his hat trick at St Mary’s.

1 Like

You’re a bit optimistic, aren’t you? :thinking::grin::grin:

1 Like

Seriously it would be really crap, and was really crap that fear and the feeling of relegation, but if I’m honest I had so much fun in league 1 and our return to the championship and then going up to the premier league. Ok there were a few years when it was rubbish until we got taken over.

As I have said many times before, it is part of football. Many teams go through it, but we still will support Saints and probably win more games. Then we will return to the Premier League and do this all over again. 🤷🏽

4 Likes

We won’t get relegated but if the season was 2 games longer we would, they shout a bit and waves hands in the air, a guise as they’re shite.
We will struggle next year without a good striker and they’re as rare as rocking horse shit for the money we’re prepared to spend.
To be honest I wouldn’t be that arsed if we did go, at least we can aim for something, this treading water is shit.

1 Like

If we did go down again I think we’d stay down this time. Blackburn MK2, and no Liebherr galloping over the horizon with a bursting chequebook and a dream of Europe.

I still wouldn’t be arsed, this is stagnant in the Premier League, we’re not going to win it, we’re not going to get top 6, the best we can aspire to is mid table, is that sport, competition? All a bit bollocks if you ask me.

So if we get relegated would we not be aspiring to promotion?

Yes and I’d be happy with that.

Basically you aspire to be Norwich or Fulham.

No I aspire for excitement, football is entertainment isn’t it?

Yeah but that part is fun, getting back to the promised land, it’s like winning something, and if we did not come second we would, we would we would win the league. Being in the top flight is not all it’s cracked up to be, but it is where the money is and where everyone wants to be more than anything when they are not in it. :thinking:

If we did drop down, how would you rate our chances of coming back up? Because I think we’d be down there for the long haul this time round, personally.

1 Like

You say it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, but if we manage to fuck over Liverpool and cost them the league on the last day of the season, that will be a pretty special moment

4 Likes

But what are we doing in the league? The broken nature of football is brutality exposed when we’re in a competition we’ll never win, in other sport they’d change it.
It’s pointless but it’s also in the blood.