❓ 👑 The Re-Markle-ble Interview

Eyebrows were raised at the time that Oprah only met Mrs Hewitt once, very briefly, yet was invited to the wedding. I mean, who gets invited to someones wedding after only being introduced once? Especially when most of the groom’s close friends and colleagues from his army days were snubbed. In favour of the Beckhams, Elton John and various celebrity “friends”.

1 Like

Networking!

Hmmmmm.

If we were creating a poll (and we are not) I think you have missed a Senior Royal out.

Not Anne, surely??

I sense a death spiral coming on.

Nah, I’m sure Charles would never say something like that! And as for Harry, people in glass houses . . . . . . .

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/prince-charles-calls-asia_n_157539

@pap @Sadoldgit.
With all due respect, piss off to the beef thread.
This is the woke Meg thread.
Thanks.

1 Like

Not sure you understand what the Beef Thread is for. It’s for tearing strips out of each other. This ain’t that.

So. Tonight Middle Britain will melt down watching the full Oprah.
Then tomorrow Oprah will start dropping all the out takes that she couldn’t fit in to the 1 hour interview (with 1 hour of ads) kicking off more days of teeth gnashing.

Hopefully the biggest casualty of this will be Piers Morgan who will spontaneously combust live on GMB tomorrow

Mrs P_F just translated the TVN Poland report in a nutshell.
Harry & Meghan have fvcked the Royal Family

I see you have rejected the conspiracy remark I made. I assumed your comment that her death “in very dubious circumstances” meant that you didn’t believe that it was just a tragic accident. My mistake.

Anyway, back to Megan. Apparently the comment made about a royal child with a different colour skin was made before Harry had met Megan, according to him? Why is she now bringing it up as if it was a direct comment aimed at Archie?

re PM

1 Like

Think I’m just going to add nothing to the debate but share articles, links and pictures that land in my inbox

4 Likes

Thanks, this explains everything. You’ll find me elsewhere on Sotonians, I know very little about the Royal Family apart from the tragic early death of Caroline Ahern. :cry:

4 Likes

Well this is turning into quite a thread.

I do not give a crap about the royal family. Happily live without them taking up way too much tabloid/news and money. Though I’d like to see Andrew speak to some cops.

I found the whole Diana stuff in 1997 absolutely ridiculous. The mass grieving for someone we did not know. I do remember the day as I was working and all the radio stations decide not to play music in respect. Had to get my dad to drop off my walkman to keep awake. I was at a wedding the day of the funeral.

I am bored of seeing ‘oh they want privacy but they are speaking to people’. It isn’t one or the other. You can ask/do for both. We can also ignore it all.

The paparazzi and tabloids really need to be reigned. It’s sort of legitimate stalking. Sadly we also have the z list celebs from reality TV who need the tabloids and paparazzi as do their managers who are quite likely closely linked and sell crap and keep the whole sodding machine going. I’d say a large proportion of it isn’t in any of our interests. But god we love a gossip don’t we? See who has cellulite and put on weight or lost it or have a drug or mental health problem. It is pretty depressing. As someone who used to buy magazine I also was part of that.

It would be nice if people could be less of a dick to each other.

7 Likes

It is depressing that a couple of posters continue to ignore the thread title and, well, you all know.

Alex sums up the issue quite clearly that list could be a lot longer imho

Nailed it. “The Machine”. There’s a whole philosofical discussion to be had right there for another time.

Over in Ozland, I haven’t turned on a tv for general viewing for over 12 years and progressively I have been so much better for it. The process was literally like drug rehabilitation but by golly gosh, I can tell you there ain’t no truth in tv messeging. Not one bit

2 Likes