:saints: The Oriol Romeu Appreciation Thread

Time for an Oriol Romeu appreciation thread…

4 Likes
4 Likes

I know we are going through a period a change and rebuilding- but this makes me sad

Oriel was a cracking player for us. I think we will miss him, at least in the short term

13 Likes

Completely agree.

On top of that, he is a top man off the field too. Genuinely down to earth, humble, time for others.

6 Likes

Seconded

Been a great signing for us, consistent performer and most importantly a decent human being. I wish him all the best.

4 Likes

Yep Top Man and a Top Player for us…sad to see him go. :frowning:

1 Like

Nothing more I can add to what’s already been said. Ori has been a top player for us, a true Saint.

2 Likes

I wish him well.

:frowning:

39CEDDCD00000578-0-image-m-29_1477659310411

Nuff said. Tear in my eye. One of the true gents of the game. Always gave 100% and there’s some opposition players who will be breathing a sigh of relief that he’s off to new pastures. Never forget the Halloween special … he should have played with this makeup. COYR

2 Likes

One of the more interesting football statistics:
Ori has received 91 yellow cards in his career but has never been sent off.

6 Likes

A true Southampton FC Legend. A vital player for us. He will be missed.

And wjhile this is not the place, I do feel this is the right time for him. I personally felt his legs were gone back end of last season.

So happy for him and glad he is going out at the top and will do well in La Liga. I refuse to rant about missing him when we are getting mullered in MF by someone

5 Likes

Legend. That is all

1 Like

I can’t find the picture but they did the Halloween fancy dress thing and he was Hannibal Lector. Made me laugh.

Reliable. Consistent. Loved a tackle. His enforcer role disguised the fact he was a player too.

All the best Oriol!

3 Likes
1 Like

Only gone and scored an 88th minute winner against Real Valadolid.

5 Likes

That’s his annual goal done and out of the way then.

2 Likes