⛳ 🇬🇧 The Open 2021

No football this week, but a huge weekend if sport rushes towards us. British Grand Prix and of course, The Open.

St George’s in Kent finally gets to hold last years event, and Snae Lowry must give back the trophy he has held for 2 years.
St George’s has seen unusual winners and the mighty Greg Norman.
Whose story will it be this week?
Thursday I’m all in. Friday I’m (hopefully) off line on an Adventure Day with Grandson. Saturday? Mega Store about 13:45 before heading up to Salisbury and a few pints of 6X.
Sunday afternoon? Not moving from the sofa!

A nice scene setting read. Knee high rough? :scream:

The Open: Royal St George’s set for 149th staging of golf’s oldest major -

Pete Cowen’s blog

The Open 2021: Bryson DeChambeau is fair game, says Brooks Koepka -

Blandy bogeyed the last to finish level par, good start.
Brian Harman dropped putts from all over on his front 9 leads on -4 having been -5
Bryson providing entertainment hacking out of knee length rough every hole (+2)
Stiff but consistent breeze lots of good starts, Casey, Rose, Sullivan, Senior, Spieth,

1 Like

Thought McIlory was going to Eagle the first hole there…

1 Like

I see DeChambeau did a lot of scrambling today to finish 1 over, he only hit 4 fairways.

5 bogies and 4 birdies on his card…to quote Audi, power is nothing without control.

1 Like

And the 2nd…

Rory back to form then

And in the deep rough stuff at the 7th… and finishes with a bogey…

+2 now, typical first round performance from him…

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Best quote:

‘‘It’s not a good face for me and we’re still trying to figure out how to make it good on the mis-hits’’

maybe try not mis-hitting it you dopey twat :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Rory finishes the day on evens,

73 players on even or better, cut is at 70 plus ties.

Open Championship first-round leaderboard
-6 L Oosthuizen (SA); -5 J Spieth (US), B Harman (US); -4 M Hughes (Can), D Frittelli (SA), S Cink (US), B Hebert (Fra), W Simpson (US)
Selected others: -3 A Sullivan (Eng), J Rose (Eng), D Willett (Eng), J Senior (Eng), T Fleetwood (Eng); -2 D Johnson (US), P Casey (Eng), -1 B Koepka (US); Level R McIlroy (NI); +1 J Rahm (Spa), B DeChambeau (US); +10 P Mickelson (US)

Morikawa edges the chance to tie the course record but still records a round of 64 to lead in the clubhouse on -9, 3 clear of van Tonder and Oosthuizen

1 Like
1 Like

Lol - what a chopper

1 Like

Subtlety brilliant - Koepka

Daughter

Dad from Hospital

Joy is one of my Journo buddies btw

And here’s a pic from @Lets-B-Drinking

Ah Royal St Georges… used to live down the road in Ramsgate in the 80s and watched Sandy Lyle live win there in 85 in think its was?

Was bored then…

1 Like