The NYE Carnage thread

Happy new year cunts. Love you all, don’t make me tear up. X

4 Likes

You and me both.

Shall we wallow in mutual self pity?

1 Like

Wasn’t going to be a martyr - but seeing as @btripz & @steveintheforest are admitting being wusses (& @dubai_phil gets a dishonourable early card) - I too am suffering with man flu…but manfully drinking my way through it…

Fuck you all - happy new year etc etc

3 Likes

My quiet night in has turned into a night in A&E after my dad collapsed. Hopefully he’ll be alright but you got admire all the nurses and ambulance crews, especially working on a night like this.

14 Likes

My quiet night in has turned into a night in A&E after my dad collapsed. Hopefully he’ll be alright but you got admire all the nurses and ambulance crews, especially working on a night like this.

Originally posted by Fatso

Bugger - sorry to hear that.

Hope all is OK

:lou_sad:

4 Likes

That’s tough fella. I hope that you’re dad is alright. Rubbish

4 Likes

Thanks chaps. Happy New year!

3 Likes

Hope all is ok soon Fats.

3 Likes

Shit Fatso, hope all is well

2 Likes

All the best wishes to Fatso Snr. And Happy New Year to all you nu,mpties

4 Likes

I am the egg man, I am the walrus…

3 Likes

Cheap wine has given me "a pre new year hangover and I have just been caught nursing my drink.

The jp chenet went and they rolled out a magnum of the vile shite they were serving down the harvester

worst. New. Years. Eve. Ever. (Except for phils)

4 Likes

Am I being curmudgeonly? Watching the fireworks in London and just thinking “What a tremendous waste of money!”

3 Likes

And no auld Lang Wotsit either - or ringing in the new year as it happens(ed) around the world - just Nile Rogers singing about getting lucky. Grandparents C_S not happy and will be writing to the BBC no doubt

I am still in iceberg basement and quite pissed and don’t understand why there is a rival thread under “reasonably serious discussions”.

Confused of currently Balham.

2 Likes

Ah, Balham, Gateway To The South…

Auld Lang was sung towards the end of the fireworks - no worries

2 Likes

Hey mate hope things turn out ok.

2 Likes

One thing is they are well trained and will do there utmost dude

I managed to get home about 11pm so have had a few whiskey. My dad seemed a lot better by the time I left. They stuck him on a ward with an unusual bunch of individuals which he wasn’t best pleased with. He’s collapsed before…dodgy ticker. He’s been feeling unwell for a week or two but such is the NHS where he lives, he can’t actually make a doctor’s appt in advance. It’s crazy. Anyway, I shall go and see him tomorrow morning and I’m sure they’ll just discharge him and promise to do tests, as they’ve done before. Not the start of the year i was hoping for but it can only get better!

9 Likes