:saints: The Maya Yoshida appreciation thread

I’m very sad

14 Likes

That is sad - he’s one of the good guys.

5 Likes

Yoshi was great - i have a niggle that we never got the best out of him and that was on us and not him

6 Likes

1 Like

I always maintained (and you can search through my forum history on this) that given proper game time Yoshi was our best defender.

You could still count on him for one dodgy back pass per game though.

2 Likes

We did a meme.

2 Likes

I know this wasn’t whilst he was with us but have you ever seen a more perfectly executed bicycle kick? :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

The goal keeper looks like he wants to cry…

1 Like

Good guy and always gave everything on the field

2 Likes

Seriously nice guy who loved being with us.

Also one of the first (or even the first?) to donate a % of his wages to Saints Foundation, which says it all. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

He was a great defender 95% of the time.

Always seemed to have that one giant fuck up per game at one point, which mostly went unpunished.

He was a good Saint.

2 Likes

I met him once, after the 0-9. I had the dubious pleasure of being in hospitality that night and Maya was the designated player to meet us after the game. Because of the result, he was excused, but insisted on doing it, for which he earned my total respect.

I remember him not apologising as he said no apology could be sufficient for the disgrace. He was gutted but I was pleased to shake his hand.

12 Likes

He’s only gone and joined Schalke. Currently on Sky against Bochum. 1-1.

Played against Union Berlin 2 weeks ago and lost 6-1. Bet that reminded him of his Saints debut.

1 Like