🍻🍷 The Map of 🇲🇷 Booze thread whatever the title says (or is changed to when moderately intoxicated)

Ffs…
At least a Leeuwin Art Collection…

I have a dozen of the Chardonnay in the cellar

1 Like

Marvellous
My eldest Son decided to hold a party in the sand pit while I was travelling.

About a week later I discovered my Museum edition Leeuwins Hunter Valley Chardonnay open in the Fridge

It cost me A$200 and at the time was worth about US$400

He left vinegar

He has never lived it down, even a Final Tour Genesis ticket didn’t come close

1 Like

Made it 10x worse!

A virgin Mary could try a drop of methanol in it to make it a real one

You really don’t want methanol in it….

Yes I know that but the remedy for methanol poisoning is to get drunk on Vodka of which the boss has a bottle of Grey Goose locked up in his safe.

1 Like

Didn’t the Italians get into a spot of bother a few decades ago by spicing up their cheap Lambrusco with methanol? I remember the jokes going round at the time about garages buying it up because it was cheaper than antifreeze, or buying Lambrusco in Halfords.

That was Austria…they used Anti-Freeze.

After a coupe of “Broadside to Danny Boy”s (sic) now onto the house red

Buy some - you will not regret it

In Bangkok airport

1 Like

Do the travelators still talk to you?

Ting Tong da Talk.

1 Like

Yes of course they do and they still all work unlike most airports

The taste of a Pint of Firecatcher Amber Ale after 11 days without being allowed even a beer.
Oh my days

3 Likes

Breakfast in Addis again :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Why does grappa seem like a good idea after two bottles of wine?

My late father in law used to distil his own grappa, from the byproducts of his winemaking.
I used to be able to drink for England, but a couple of snifters of that grappa absolutely ruined me. :flushed::smile:

1 Like

I spent two days of a week long snowboarding holiday in bed after a night on the grappa.

The Italian barman had an eye patch and used mole grips to open the bottle.

I should have read the signs.

1 Like

To give me a sense of where I am can someone please compare Grappa to [Turkish] Raki.

Grappa is pretty much odourless and tasteless. It’s much like Gentian, or one of the flavourless distilled spirits and doesn’t really have a noticeable taste like raki or ouzo.

It goes down like water and kicks like a fucking mule. You’ll be wondering what all the fuss was about, then find yourself sliding to the floor.

1 Like