😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Yep. It is.
We lost 30% of our wedding guests due to a family bereavement in Lublin 2 weeks before our wedding.
But then equally, being human, Mrs P_F is in no fit state to go into a shop right now let alone think about partying.
Luckily (in some ways) she had been back here for 11 months and so had time with him - they had laughs and they fought like cats and dogs. But at least she had time with him, compared to the horror of when my Father passed while I was in Dubai many years ago.
Anyway back to politics

2 Likes

It’s a tough one

I remember when the Ayatollahs mum went. That first year is tough - the next birthday, mother day etc

But what she said that is really tough is when you get good news and think “I just rung mu…oh”

Hang in there mate - it is crap feeling helpless

1 Like

The Longest Day.
Family coming in from across Poland, lots of sitting and talking around me already. Only going to get worse.
Staying awake will be more difficult than staying strong.
And of course I’m bursting out of my only black suit & dark coat having gained a kilo or 5 this year.
The breakfast is nearly done, then comes trip to the funeral parlour to say goodbye. Rosaries back at the family home, the service then the wake.
I’m driving so no escape there.

So yesterday I was working with a really challenging child who needs lots of energy and distractions to keep them from kicking off.

We normally work in 1 hour periods as you tend to need a break from each other by then.

I had them for 2 hours during an Xmas play rehearsal session in which my child had no part. So they were easily distracted and I was racking my brains to think of things to keep them occupied.

This child loves cars so I had it in mind to use my computer to create an image of a Ferrari with their dad’s number plate on it.

So I get them to download an image of a Ferrari La Ferrari and we use the DVLC website to take a screenshot of their dad’s number plate and then I start to panic because I’m using my Chromebook instead of my Windows PC. So I don’t have an image editing app that allows me to paste the number plate into the image of the Ferrari.

Eventually, I remember that I have a graphics editor that might do the job so, in front of the child I load the editor.

This graphics editor is programmed to open the last edited image.

And what was the last image I edited with this package?

This precocious child asks in a loud voice “Wank Squad? What’s that?”

I hurriedly close the image and tell them that it actually said “Walk Squad” but they’re not buying it.

The child proceeds to make my life hell with my boss for the rest of the day.

7 Likes

Out of interest, what is the wank squad and can I join it?

2 Likes

It was an image I created to post on here.

Can you join?

The only condition of member ship (sic) is that you must be a complete and utter wanker.

Our records show that you joined some years ago.

3 Likes

Cows in the forest - why are you using the road and where the fuck did you all come from

It’s post Brexit Britain - we are now Uzbekistan.

5 Likes

You should have put this on the “makes me laugh thread” because it has cheered me up no end.
As a minor point is it a good idea to be looking up parents number plates?
I got told to google a parent yesterday and had a short disagreement with manager about the ethics of that. I’ve done the research and I was in the right. Oh and it’s the same person as my email etiquette.

2 Likes

The child showed me how to do it via the DVLA website.

They really are car obsessed.

We spent a good 30 minutes looking up cars on eBay and then looking up their specifications on the DVLA website.

eBay now thinks I’m in the market for a new car.

2 Likes

See what you did there. “The child”. Always have an excuse ready.

3 Likes

Shit adaptors. I bought a DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor so I could use an old monitor.

The package proudly proclaimed that it could solve all my cable needs comprehensively. My first thought was “this fucker is not boiling a kettle”.

Turns out that despite the boast, the cable did not even do the thing it was supposed to do. Cunts.

2 Likes

Climate change would be reversed instantly.
If we could only solve the problem of our boxes of cables we all have…

2 Likes

Clients who think you can mind read.
“How come you haven’t painted that wall?”
“Because it’s being papered”
“No, that other wall is being papered”
“Oh forgive me, I thought the writing saying 'paper this wall” was self explanatory.
“No we changed our minds”
Maybe you should have fucking told me before I finished all the fucking woodwork then. Twats.

6 Likes

Remember. The customer is always shite.

1 Like

One of my best mates lives in London. Which would be great if we didn’t live the other side of London to each other! She is in the South West and I am in the North East. As I happened to be near Waterloo I popped to hers for a few hours. It took an hour and half to get back. I go through some podcasts.

The Ayatollah is battered

I have had to pick her up

She is soooooo annoying

I turned my back for two seconds and turned back to find her trying to get the ironing board out. WTF.

She has been sent to bed and I am waiting for her to pass out before I venture up there

5 Likes

5:30 alarm. 600km.
Last pickup done and home at 1:09am.
Alarm call at 06:00 for the morning.
And an old ankle injury has flared up from being taken out at high speed that ended my skiing career 15 years ago.
Balloon sized ankle, ice packs, anti inflammatories & waiting for Panadol & Vodka to kick in so can get SOME sleep before that bloody alarm

@Goatboy can you bring the van around. The Ayatollah didn’t make it. RIP.

6 Likes

Just finding out I have to be in deepest, darkest Wales early Monday morning

1 Like