šŸ“° The latest news!

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

Sorry guys (& gals obvs) did I just miss massive handbagsā€¦if so, fuck the adnkn

Pap, Bletch

Your other thread said about editing threads. I have no idea what"adnkn" is/was/meansā€¦

Maybe keep the edit function open for 36 hours over the weekend? I might actually remember what I meantā€¦or not

Soz, sober Cobham Saint Cabs @ 5:30am

(@ for Fatso cos Itā€™s lazy & I can)ā€¦

idcIy

Does that last bit mean

I can see clearly now ?

1 Like

Ah. So somebody moved the Slightly Pickled on Friday night thread.

4 Likes

Soup anyone?

5 Likes

Mmmmm, cream of asparagus, with a nice granary roll.

Is that a euphemism for sex with a pensioner?

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, that escalated quickly. Nice rum.

Ha ha ha.

Kids drinking is bad!

Just read last couple of pages and that struck me as someone who disagreed with others being shouted down. Not a great advertisement for this site, in my opinion.

1 Like

Behave yourself. He weighed in with a completely unrelated and incoherent point. He was asked questions that he then avoided, then threw insults and accusations about.

What would have been a good advert for the site? The pair of us deciding to take a trip on every tangent Ted offers a ticket to?

I rarely bitch unless I have a suggested improvement. How would you have handled those posts differently, assuming you were arsed enough to get engaged?

Part 4 of the Lobby. Havenā€™t seen it yet. Will hopefully get to read Fatsoā€™s guide to caring and sharing when I am done :lou_lol:

Tomato soup with a hint of chilli and an olive and sun-dried tomato ciabatta for me.

2 Likes

His point was neither incoherent or irrelevant. He did not throw insults about, he was insulted and only responded after an aggressive post by Goatboy. He gave his opinion about confirmation bias and and disagreed that the BBC are biased. For that he was attacked.

The language you use in your post is indicative of, yet again, your approach to people to disagree with you. I am arsed enough to get engaged in this matter, in the way that a member of this board has been dealt with because he dared to say something that went against some members views. Weā€™ll see if Ted changes his mind and comes back, but that altercation has resulted in him saying that he is done with the board. Thatā€™s a shame in my opinion as he offers something quite different to many members.

1 Like

yeah. I was being a dick. SozSB.

4 Likes

The language I use in my post is pretty much on a par with real life. ā€œArsedā€ is frequently used. Iā€™m glad you were arsed enough to provide a substantive reply. His first point was about Corbyn, fuck knows why, as I hadnā€™t mentioned him. Hence the irrelevance.

Now, instead of discussing the machinations of a foreign power in British politics, weā€™re having a chat about whether I hurt Tedā€™s feelings. Goatboy was on the lash and has already apologised.

Do tell me where I, one of the admins, started insulting him.

Youā€™d almost think itā€™s a slow latest news week. It really isnā€™t, and quite frankly, I preferred you when you were wolfing down large plates of substance rather than fucking about with garnish*.

* Thatā€™s a play on your name, btw. I await its weaponisation into ā€œworst insult everā€ and ā€œbeing a bad advert for the siteā€ with a due sense of certainty and dread.

Originally posted by @Fatso

Weā€™ll see if Ted changes his mind and comes back, but that altercation has resulted in him saying that he is done with the board.@Thatā€™s-a-shame-in-my-opinion-as-he-offers-something-quite-different-to-many-members.

Iā€™ve no idea whatā€™s gone on, havenā€™t had a chance to read the earler posts yet but I agree with this bit

Weā€™re discussing everything except the infiltration of the Labour & Conservative parties by a considerably more hardline Israeli embassy, apparently.

Iā€™ve now caught up and Iā€™m with Fats on this one. I canā€™t see Ted did much to deserve being jumped on like he was.

As to derailing the thread Pap, the organic nature of forums cause threads to stray off topic all the time and mostly people are happy go with the flow.

You and Fatso are entirely welcome to your opinions. Iā€™ve come in for harsher criticism.

I think the worst thing I did was call his content unrelated bollocks. It bore no relationship to what I had just written. Weā€™ve got a very long thread with over 33.7K views concerning Labour. That probably would have been a better place to put some unrelated anti-Corbyn stuff.

I like a lot of what Ted posts elsewhere. I personally donā€™t think Goatboy should be apologising to him. The record will show that SB was just as much of a dick. He insulted me personally. The worst he got in return was having his content described in a colourful fashion.

He then retracted his fuck yourself to Goatboy, but kept mine intact, despite me insulting him less :lou_sunglasses:

Who wants to discuss the Israel Lobby when weā€™ve got such matters of import of our own to get through? :lou_smiley:

Lovely stuff. Only on Sotonians.