📰 The latest news!

Strangley that’s what I was thinking the other day when someone mentioned a marathon in under 2 hours…

I Could do a snickers but a Marathon may be past its sell by date for me now,

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CraigMurrayOrg/status/1182998941060612097?s=20

1 Like

The problem is Goatboy, people just don’t want to know, it is much easier to,just go along with the bullshit and lies. The alternative is to accept that we are governed by liars, our so called democracy is just that, so called. The reality of course, in practical terms is that we are no more a democracy than any third world dictatorship. The only democracy we have is a couple of minutes, every 4 or 5 years, when we step into a polling booth and put a cross against the name of a politician who represents a political party who have promised, if they are elected to power, to do all sorts of wonderful things to benefit the the people of this country. Once outside the polling booth all bets are off. People cast their vote for whoever represents the party who are the most convincing liars. That is the fact of the matter as generations of people have found out to their cost. In the immortal words of the great Johnny Speight’s Alf Garnett, pushed to the end of his tether by a 20 year old jobsworth at the social security office who was quoting regulations at him when he was trying to sort out benefits due to his wheelchair bound wife, “I’ve lived under six Prime Ministers, and i’ve been fucking poor under every one of them”. That was the sixties, now here we are, sixty years later and, for the ever increasing underclass it’s as true now as it was then. We have not progressed one iota.We still have announcements every year, by governments and their mouthpieces in the MSM, telling us all that there are more millionaires this year than last year. As if that is somehow a good thing. Sadly, in our society today that is the yardstick, all that matters. They never point out though that, with population growth, for every new millionaire created there are probably 100 thousand extra people at the bottom paying the price. That is the system, and sadly it shows no sign of changing any time soon.
People will shuffle into the polling booths at the next election, casting their votes for liars, knowing they are liars but voting for them anyway. The haves will vote for the liars who they think will enable them to have a little bit more, sadly, enough have nots will be voting for the liars alongside them because The Sun, The Mail, let’s face it, the whole of the MSM have been telling them for the past few years that the alternative is an IRA terrorist supporting communist. That is the system!
Sorry to go off topic.

2 Likes

Looks like Poland has now got a majority populist right wing government. PiS probably getting 239 seats out of 460 with 61.1% turnout.
Certainly expecting more friction with liberal EU ahead

A post was merged into an existing topic: South America

Good. How this legalised loan sharking ever became a thing is beyond me.

2 Likes

Maybe we could have a South American thread ( I made an Ecuador one a while back)

1 Like

That was Space Force.

1. Where have we heard all this before?
  2. And we thought we had problems behind the scenes.

(Both pages SHOULD translate)

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,65039,25357210,wisla-krakow-pograzona-w-kryzysie-co-dalej-z-trenerem-maciejem.html

More interestingly t here is a breaking story of the club being asset stripped by a rogue Director.
Even worse stories that the CLUB has been implicated in selling DRUGS at the Stadium (must pop down for a game then).
They (Wisla) are the In-Laws team and I have actually been to watch a game there.

Uber and out…

I have never used an Uber because I don’t understand them. I’ve only ordered a subway successfully twice and that was so long ago that I’ve forgotten how to do that as well. My motto is “if your new idea is too complicated for Fatso to figure out then your new idea is fucking shit and you’ll eventually fail”…and look what’s happened to Uber. Expect subway to go out of business soon

6 Likes

You thick cunt.

I will not be bullied off this board like a Barry Sanchez

12 Likes

I’ll get my popcorn, and we’ll see. :+1::+1::grin:

I’ve used uber twice when another friend has booked it and we are in a group but have never used it on my own due to concerns over safety. However I am aware that other women see it as safer as there is the app that shows where you are. All good and well if someone is monitoring that. My partner is usually asleep when I am coming back late on my own from a night out.

When I lived in Lima I would not get a “cab” on my own. They were not regulated at all and would just stick a handwritten “taxi” sign in the front window and take people. Deregulation of the transport system in Peru was a nightmare re safety.

We dont have Uber in Malaysia but Grab cars its the same thing. its easier to use than the taxis as you dont need phone numbers just use the app as long as you have wifi or data connection not an issue.
But you never know what type of car is going to turn up a lot are modified boy racer types thumping stereos and exhausts growling. Then they drive as quick as possible to drop you off for the next trip. they are a third in cost of the official licenced taxis whos numbers are dropping all the time.

Dont like the system but it is heading the way that it will soon be the only public transport available in Labuan,

This keeps happening. They keep appealing. They continue to run while the case is being appealed.

It’s just a shame their app doesn’t offer “just down the road, where I’ve just kicked that can” as a destination.