1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ The Hundred

Draft is currently live.
Southern Braves select Warner & Andre Russell as Top picks, Liam Dawson 3rd round. Looking a tidy team

And yes mean about the format on here all winter as well

https://twitter.com/OOCCricket_/status/1186018460087783424?s=19

Some decent players in that list

When is it going to be played with all the other tournaments going on?
What happens when players are injured where do you get spares from?

Good questions. Those are the sort of questions that need to be asked. They show a lively and enquiring mind and it is really encouraging that those questions are now in the public domain.
Congratulations

I too have a question.
Why all the shit immature Americanised names. Is it being played in America or have the rest of the world gone as simple minded as the yanks?

3 Likes

Will there be cheerleaders?

1 Like

Because it’s more regional

Calling a team Hants, wilts and Dorset does not really flow

Plus all the county teams already have nicknames

Me Hampshire Brave…me do traditional New Forest Silly Dance…

3 Likes

Oh god, it’s in this country, how embarrassing.
Looking at all the second words, it looks like they’re advertising the latest Disney America the great propaganda piece.
Your reasoning is sound, just not the choice of words.
All a bit sad and desperate, the constant attempts to glorify things with childish terms.
It’s just not cricket ffs :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

I object i have never done that silly dance mine was much worse

1 Like

Agree. We should be the Southern Ponies. Welsh Woolly Willies? Northern Whippets?

Picking bird names would have been better.
Southern sparrows.
Welsh warblers.
Trent tits.
It’s easy, memorable, educational, but better than all that, it’s not American.

1 Like

I’m sure there will be, alongside all sorts of other singing and dancing nonsense. This stupid format will kill off cricket as we know it eventually. Let’s face it, it’s not cricket, T20 is pushing it. It’s cricket for those who are too dull to appreciate the real thing. Cricket for those who have the attention span of a gnat, and the intelligence to match.

2 Likes

I only associate Hants & Dorset with a defunct bus company.
Which in MHO should be reinstated.

3 Likes

Watching Invincibles v Originals.

We have NO idea what is going on.

Yuk

Painted the proper green.

And go from Hythe, through Marchwood to Southampton via the Ealing toll bridge in Totton where everyone had to get off and walk over before getting on the bus again (I think that’s a real memory from back in the day).

They also used to do the school bus from Hythe up to Noadswood when I was a nipper in year 1. On the buses was a documentary.

BBC really hyping up the occasion. “Electric atmosphere here, it’s amazing!!!”

Yeah from the 15-20% capacity crowd, many of whom had tickets given to them. A good number look bemused :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The hyperbole has been hyperbolic…

1 Like

Just looked at the BBC text commentary. They have removed the usual thumbs up or thumbs down options. :thinking:

Good run chase from the Invincibles there, especially considering they lost 3 early wickets…

1 Like