šŸŒ The Home of Happy Golf Stories

All the current tours are linked. You start on the Amateur circuit (or college circuit in US)
You earn OGWR points and can move up the food chain. Asian Tour = L1 European = Championship PGA = EPL.
Also you have feeder tours under those, so Korn Ferry in US, Challenge Toir in EU etc. Top players get promoted.

Once on Tour you have the players card. That is owned by the Tour. They can remove it.

Europe will give release to players for the UK LIV events, US wont, so Westwood, Garcia et al play mostly in US where they can earn $50k just turning up and prize money is 2 or 3 x more than EU.

The Majors cannot be bought (not yet) their entire existence is the history, ditto the Ryder Cup.

Anything LIV do would just be ā€œthe biggest moneyā€ that doesnt work as the Woods v Mickelson in Vegas showed some years back. Never got the traction/audience of even Fed Ex Cup finale.

The old guard will go. Callum Shinkwin, the Hoegaards in the Ryder Cup teamā€¦

Hmm

Ignore sportswashing for a moment.
Saudi is investing in tourism & ā€œopening upā€

In 5 or 10 years the political scene may change but the $$% from inbound tourists will, like Dubai, grow exponentially, this is a marketing budget for that not just ā€œnewcastlisationā€

Poor old Greg Norman getting a bit of stick after his press conference yesterday, he clearly isnā€™t the sharpest knife in the box. When he was asked about Saudi Arabia murdering and chopping up the journalist Jamal Khashoggi, and executing hundreds of people for minor offences he claimed,ā€œWeā€™ve all made mistakesā€. Wow - Just Wow!

I was kind of gobsmacked, I would have imagined that someone would have given him the sportswash elevator pitch (similar to Amanda Stavely at barcodes)
Or he just let his ego run with it.

:innocent::champagne::beers::man_dancing::golf:

So official announcement day is delayed so cannot make any announcement.

But I may sip a glass of Chianti later.

Now to find a gym

US PGA Championship tee-times: Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Jordan Spieth out together

DeShambolic has withdrawn due to his wrist injury.

What a wanker!

2 Likes

That randomly came out of the draw did it

No chance whatsoever ever that they are trying to take publicity from the LIV tour. Nope. Nosiree

2 Likes

:sob:

Blandy will take the money from LIV Tour.
No Ryder Cup/Masters for him then

There, fixed it for you :wink:

1 Like

Oā€™rly

Oh and by the way as if we have not been spoilt enough with the group, what a treat weā€™re in for later as well.

The current top three players in the world, and holders of the gameā€™s other three major titles are all playing together, with Scottie Scheffler, Jon Rahm and Collin Morikawa teeing off at 19:36 BST.

Father Xmas leading after a few holes.

Fuck me, itā€™s John Daly!! I thought he died last year?

Looking at him Iā€™ll be surprised if he survives this yearā€¦

Rory currently in the lead on -4 after 6 holes

Now HE was fun to walk round the course with, at least he said thanks when we managed to find most of his drives in the bushesā€¦

The real Rory has just turned up, heā€™s just dropped 2 shots on the par 3s

1 Like

And Tiger really limping looks in a lot of pain

1 Like

Rory birdies his 18th hole (really the 9th) to take a one shot lead into the clubhouse. Good birdie after a wayward tee shot.

1 Like

:eyes: