🏌 The Home of Happy Golf Stories

Public Service Announcement

Spiderman can play golf?!!!

18 holes today

33 to do first 9 (had a bit of trouble on 2nd hole)

28 back 9

Aced it. Walked all over Fam C_S

Crazy golf is the way forward :wink::+1:

I got a hole in one on Riverside Park Par 3 course.
I bought Lady Slowlane an Ice Cream in the clubhouse.

1 Like

A euphemism?

1 Like

Hmmmmm… :+1:

1 Like

Effect and cause?

Weren’t you supposed to have bought one each for the rest of the clubhouse?

Yeah. I played in a comp in the States, ball came to rest about 2 inches past the pin. I’m thinking wow cool, then some bloke gets out a piece of string, cuts about 2 inches off and says “Hole in One”
I’m like - um no.
Organisers come up and say Um yes. (It’s a thing there apparently.)
So I have a hole in one, The course give me a bunch of Goodies & a nice golf shirt and tell me my name will be on their “hole in one board” and I’m like no.
And then I get hit with a $400 odd bar bill.
Bollocks but had to pay it.
(Tried to claim it on travel insurance - no. Slipped it through as Corporate Entertainment on expenes - phew)

1 Like

Yeah I did…I bought Lady Slowlane an ice cream.

Not sure this new format is designed for the Peter Alliss generation, but it could catch on with the instagram set.

What’s the penalty for vomiting in a bunker?

Just driven past Turnberry - I see the wotsit has his name plastered over the front of it - the twat

1 Like

No.
Bear with me on this.
EVERY Saints fan needs to see this.
Long drive company.
1st up?
Adam Lallana! :rofl:

1 Like

Just in case any of you fancied becoming an elite Athlete and “getting into the mix” walking on the Fairways.
Don’t bother, you need years of experience on your volunteer CV
BUT there are a whole bunch of other roles from selling programmes to retail to Car Park attendant and more.
All of them are half day shifts so you get to watch half a day of golf every day for the week, plus you can buy one family member ticket.

https://www.rydercup.com/2023-volunteers?fbclid=IwAR1Kr3XbTAKwKZqQBFlvOJbw0YMJFhWQy7LSO6IXcIpy0QsO63DG3xd9fgk

I know you won’t, but I shared it for you

You’re talking to a man who spent 8 hours filling divots on the fairways of Brokenhurst Golf Club at 2/-6d an hour. That has open many doors for me over the years…most of them at my convenience.

2 Likes

I’m actually owed a full corporate blag after putting the ET team in touch with a Software Co to get the whole volunteer management stuff all automated, but tbh the chance to do that once in a lifetime shit for a 3rd & probably final time before my knees pack in fully is just too good to pass up

1 Like

Have an early night.
Oh, Rory’s doing OK
GO TO BED
Rory’s leading by 1 coming up the last…

1 Like

2 putts to win and does.
20th win on PGA Tour only 6th to do it by his age.
Bed calls

1 Like