🏌 The Home of Happy Golf Stories

True dat!

interesting Leaderboard from Denmark.
Westwood has been posting tons of pictures of the work he has been doing but it is a surprise to see him doing so well.
Don’t think it will affect the Captain’s Picks on Wednesday though

Why I like following Eddie on Twitter

So we have our 8 automatic qualifiers who will be in France (barring injury)

Attention now shifts to the US where Jim Furyk picks 3 of his Captains picks on Tuesday night.

Pretty sure they will be Tiger, Bryson and hmmmm. Probably Leftie leaving Finau & Kisner to fight it out over the last Fed Ex Cup & Tour Championship events.

Then on Wednesday it is over to Thomas.
Despite being in stunning form and picking up another win, I do not think Matt Wallace will make the team. It already has 5 rookies and that is just too many to cope with that level of pressure imho.

I still think it will be Casey & Poulter.
The debate will then be does he pick Sergio or Rafa. I just think Rafa has the better form he is tied 12th at TPC Boston at the moment. Sergio is more steady eddie - think it is 55-45 Rafa at the moment form wise. He needs to finish 63rd or higher in Boston to make the Top 70 to advance to the next round of the Fed Ex Cup - barring a disaster that should happen easily enough.

Then who to pick. Matt Fitzpatrick put in a great effort in the last round in Denmark but his putting let him down.

Henrik is currently 55th in the Fed Ex Cup points list so is nailed on to advance to next week… While he hasn’t had a great season he is still 21st in the World and playing better thaan Sergio. His season has been hampered by some niggling injuries BUT providing he is fit I see him getting in ahead of Matt, simply because Thomas is going to need old heads to play with the nippers.

So my picks would be
Poulter; Casey; Rafa and Henrik.

A Monday finish in the States at TPC Boston - Bank Holiday weekend. Don’t understand why the European Tour doesn’t try that sort of trick occassionally.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: :golfing_man: Ryder Cup 2018

Golf watchers will get this unlikely coincidence from the Omega Swiss Masters…

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/1038355731773308930?s=19

https://twitter.com/TweeterAlliss/status/1038801106573451264

No play today. Justin will have to win it on Monday and become World no.1.

Seeing the state of the course & forecast he may already have won it…

Golf Digest helps free illustrator wrongly jailed for murder
Here’s one for you Phil. Golf embarrassing the establishment. Who’d of thought it possible.

3 Likes

Oliver Fisher has just shot the first round of 59 on the European Tour in the Portugese Open.

I did it a couple of years ago at Southampton Muni, but apparently you are supposed to do 18 holes not 9.

4 Likes

Just saw that. Nice lad but inconsistent. Maybe he will kick on now.
Doing family stuff before heading over the Channel.
Tiger looked in form last night

Tiger’s on the prowl, while Justin shows how to blow $10mil

That 18th hole from Mr Rose was superbly crafted, Nothing like $10m of pressure.

1 Like

Cripes, but Tiger winning was a bit of a thing.

1 Like

Is this the time to put the money on the Yanks?

No this is the time to put the money on the Europeans.

I am a twat .

2 Likes

Oh you will like this
Everyone hates Piers Morgan.
Epic fail.

https://twitter.com/HowDidiDo/status/1047809301283266560?s=19

1st volunteer training night for DPWTC last night.
Gutted by the exclusive news that Paul Casey has returned to being a non & is playing for appearance money in America instead of fulfilling his tour commitments.
Also Justin won’t come unless he stands a chance to win the Race to Dubai, so no way I get my Ryder Cup flag signed by the team.
Patrick Reed & Xander Schaufelle are coming.
In honour of Dubai Saints, the bar at the par 3 17th is now renamed Barasti.
Oh and this is our 10th anniversary so the Tour are throwing a full on after party for all of us.
I’ve done all 10, amazing, after the drunken mess of the 1st we thought that was it, now one of the best of the year.
Mrs D_P gets a job as official snapper as well, so gonna have my work cut out trying to tell her where to go/What to do…

You are going to tell Mrs D_P where to go?