⚽ 📰 The Football News Thread

You uncultured bastard.

I’ll take his Pochretturno and raise it with a Tailbetweeno.

Jealousy is very unbecoming. Pochretturno is the obvious winner, tailbetweeno doesn’t even start with a ‘P’, let alone sound anything like Pochettino, shame on you pap, shaaaaaammmmme.

1 Like

Fuck me, I’m the parochial Stewart Lee…

You see the joke is, birthday twin, is that Tailbetweeno describes the situation better than him simply returning. As in Tail Between the Legs.

I had hoped you could take that artistic leap with me for the sake of art, but I see that is not the case now.

I’m disappointed, but we’ll move on.

No I don’t think we should move on, and I’ll tell you why. I understood the ‘tail between the legs’ reference of returning to the club he’d been ousted from, but I’m the member of the audience that gets the joke, understands the joke, finds it mildly amusing enough to nod knowingly to the person next to me but not laugh out loud, and am prepared to sit in abject silence waiting for the subsequent explanation/rant of why the joke works.

2 Likes

Why do you think I feel so at home here?

:wink:

2 Likes

I’d prefer an empty seat unsold by a tout!

Been watching a lot of Stewart Lee lately. Close, if not there, to genius.

1 Like

Just looked up tour dates, will be booking my ticket at the Mayflower for next april :lou_lol:

The Eagles will offer him a £50m transfer war chest as a sweetener.

That budget is far larger than the 49-year-old has ever had at Burnley, where he has constantly punched above his weight.

Palace are set for a summer of change with Gary Cahill, Mamadou Sakho, Patrick van Aanholt, Andros Townsend and Christian Benteke all out of contract at the end of June.

In other words, he’s got 50 million to replace Cahill, Sakho, Van Aanholt, Townsend and Benteke.

Piece of piss. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, not sure “war chest” is the right description for that sum (in this day and age at least).

2 Likes

More like the football equivalent of the cash you find down the side of the sofa.

1 Like

And he can have Hoedt for only 1/10th of his budget!

1 Like

Steve Cooper looks pretty depressed by the way things are going against Brentford.

2 Likes

Come on the Beeeeeessss

2 Likes

All over bar the shouting. :+1::+1:

1 Like

A new away game for me awaits :+1::grin:

3 Likes

I’m pleased they’ve done it. They deserved it this season.

5 Likes

A nice easy one to get to.

2 Likes
4 Likes