⚽ 📰 The Football News Thread

And so it begins…

Everton, ffs. Just fuck off, Marcus. :rage:

Chill, he’s Spuds bound…

Nah, he’s off to West Ham…

£100k a week minimum, plus a chunky transfer fee for a player known to be very fragile.

Walk away peeps!!

On Talksport this week, Crook said that there is a gentleman’s agreement between Ings and the Club that he will only leave to go to a Manchester club. In the event this doesn’t happen, he is happy to sign a new deal making him the highest paid player the club has ever had, even eclipsing the mega deal Trond Egil Soltvedt signed back in the day.

3 Likes

It’s just a shame that Crook is less informed than my Nan on all things Southampton FC.

Oh and did I mention he’s a (plastic) Utd fan too?

I remember listening to an interview with Martin Semmens back when we were actually winning the occasional game and Ralph’s stock was high, and Crook was trying to link Ralph to Utd. Semmens politely tore him a new arsehole and said he has zero inside knowledge.

2 Likes

This has always confused me. What precisely has Marcus Bent?

• The credibility of football pundits in general
  • Steel
  • A curly wurly
  • An iPhone after sitting on it
  • The credibility of Sotonians polls in general
  • Everything to his will

0 voters

Well, you’ve resisted the most obvious joke, and I have to say I respect you for that. Well played. :+1::+1::+1::grin:

1 Like

Coppers?

2 Likes

5 Likes

On this day.

Not Craig David but…

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Jose Fonte baby, Jose Fonte, wo-oo-oh

1 Like

Possibly the most pathetic chant we’ve ever come up with. And that’s in the face of some really fierce competition.

I’ll meet your Jose Fonte baby and raise it with a “Schteeeeve”

2 Likes

I’ve got to call you out on that Scotty … when SMS was rocking (in the day), I’d love it when we got going on this chant. It was also the time when Forster was good and we’d chant England’s number 1 to him when the team was playing towards the Chapel End. Now all we’ve got to look forward to is … I’m not sure what :disappointed:

You’re shit ahhhhhh

2 Likes