⚽ 📰 The Football News Thread

Now, I’m no genius but I suspect this may be motivated by the prospect of financial gain.

1 Like

I was caned at school on several occasions. I will be taking legal advice. :rage:

4 Likes

Wow.
Lucky you. At my school they skipped the caning and just went straight to being stoned.

Oh.
Wait

3 Likes

Anyone for golf?

Matt LeTiss may be up for a game or is he now known as Le God Complex?

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Are National Health Services in Trouble?

About fucking time.

1 Like

Football news thread has taken a turn…

3 Likes

they are just passing the NHS football about let them play.

2 Likes

@BTripz
Any chance of moving NHS Posts to the new thread please.
A bigger story may be breaking globally

1 Like

Could go in the woke thread too…

Welcome to the life of every single working woman who has a baby, isn’t statutory maternity pay £100 a week for a year for women?

14 weeks full pay?? - That’s better than most private companies - she could also sit on SMP (£150 wk) for up to 9 months

If she was worried about the money and she was the high earner, she could transfer the mat leave to the father / partner

As for “its not fair because arsenal have loads of money / facilities etc” well guess what - that happens in the real world too. You work for a small company, you get small benefits, you work for someone like BP, they have a free dentist on site.

1 Like

The whole babies / womens football thing raises an interesting question. Not only is there the risk that they wont be available through injury, you have pregnancy and mat leave to contend with - two kids in quick succession could easily knock 3 years out of the contract - could make you think twice about going big on a transfer fee

Reading through that rather whining piece of self-entitlement, she says she faked an injury anyway, while simultaneously failing to notify her employers of her pregnancy in case it didn’t go down well with them. I wonder what the contract she’s so adamant about says about those two decisions of hers.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Last line!

7 Likes

For a few moments I read that as “pickling”. :smile:

4 Likes
2 Likes

ooof!

2 Likes

Uh oh.

This is a proper (ish) bit of investigative journalism

It has implications for us and others
(Some would say, not before time tbh)