🌎🌏 The Fall of Western Hegemony and the Transition to a Multipolar World

Irrelevant
Short term they switch off production the West is screwed
For empirical data google global impact of Covid lockdowns in Shanghai
And that is not deliberate

So from that rant you’re basically saying China is a cheap workshop, we all know that, when they start creating and exporting tech then it’ll be a different story, ie cars, phones, consumer goods of western standard quality, not shite in B&M.

They couldn’t and they wouldn’t as their greatest fear is revolution, and it will come if the middle classes aren’t fed on their western diet of western goods.

So you keep your lada, Chinese phone and their crap, I’ll stick with apple, well known car makers and western goods.

For the love of God bazbot. You cannot be that naive, surely.

Really cant be arsed to post more links

Dear Forum.

He finally imploded.

Who makes Apple Smartphones Baz?

1 Like

Lenovo are shite, I’ve know I’ve got one.
Patents Phil, patents.
It doesn’t matter where something is produced it matters who owns the patents, are apple Chinese?
They make something, as an example Air Bus make planes (wings and other bits) in Broughton but they don’t own the plane, you see what I’m getting at here?
Mexico produces an awful lot of cars for the US market but do you think they own General Motors? Sunderland and Nissan etc etc
Come on.

Really? I have one, it works rather well thanks.

1 Like

“And we don’t have the ability to make the most advanced chips now — right now. But today, 75 percent of production takes place in East Asia. Ninety percent of the most advanced chips are made in Taiwan

Quoted from NY Times 26 Jan 2022

Patents only matter when you have courts that enforce them. If the Chinese or indian courts are not prepared to act on patent infringements there is f##k all the western owners of the IP can do.

2 Likes

Genuine question, that I don’t know the answer to. Patents may matter now (that’s debatable. Loads of companies including western companies infringe on each others patents, relying on the fact that many patents won’t be defended) but do patents matter even less in a multipolar world?

If China sells all it’s Xiaomi’s (the Chinese iPhones, which are great phones and incredible value for money btw) to Indian and African markets and ignores the US market (much as they do now) but the US no longer has the ability to impose meaningful sanctions on them, what leverage does the US have to stop Xiaomi from infringing Apple patents?

It is well worth noting that in addtion to electronics, China is now the source of the majority of bulk chemicals in the world including the basic starting materials for many widely-used medicines

We only need to look at where all our COVID test kits came from to get a flavour of this.

1 Like

True but China copies apple so they’re always behind on innovation, they’ve copied them for years.

And PPE

Yes cheap shite.

But they don’t hold patents or big pharmaceutical companies. It’s a tarted up workshop.

Lovely, I have one and its shite.

How did that turn out?

So bazbot.
You have an Apple phone.
What TV you have?
Laptop?