The Extradition of the Beatles

I would, in all honesty, stick to the view that they have human rights. I would still say that they couldn’t have their citizenship removed and that they should face trial in the UK courts. I would also hope that they spent the rest of their sorry lives rotting in jail.

In fact, one of their victims has already said something along these lines

3 Likes

Technically I am stateless

I live in the Philippines every 30 ish days on a visit visa.
I work in Malaysia on a work visa that does not allow me to reside in the country permenantly.
I have a postal address in the UK
I do not pay Income tax all other taxes I pay.

But you remain a British citizen with a British passport so, while you may be in a state, you are not stateless.

You could be next if your name comes up on the wrong internet search.

2 Likes

We don’t have the death penalty here and shouldn’t be sending people to places where the penalty exists if there’s a chance they’ll be executed. These pair are proper twats and I have no doubts that they deserve to die. I wouldn’t shed a tear. But that’s not the point. We don’t have the death penalty because it’s wrong and innocent people could be killed. The fact that these are clearly guilty is irrelevant. You can’t say we have (or support) the death penalty for those who are definitely guilty because we can’t be certain that those who are deemed to be guilty are guilty.

7 Likes

OK Stateless may have been a bit strong but reliaiant on a state to support me if I got into trouble zero help there.

People questioning the Beatles name.

Suggesting they should be known as Jihadiwaddy, GenISIS or Talibananarama.

2 Likes

100% agree…but having turned them into “stateless persons” and that they reside in Syria, gives the UK government a convenient out. The government could say, “why ask us, they’re not UK subjects, do what you like. Ask those that hold them, they are the controlling factor”

Having said that, that would be morally bankrupt…but in these times, no surprise.

So these subjects are not being detained by the UK?

They have committed an act of attrocity overseas?

Another govenrment says they have proof or reasonable doubt?

What the fuck is going on here?

Considering they committed the offence in Syria, then surely they should be tried in Syria and sentenced in Syria, in accordance to Syrian law.

4 Likes

That would involve recognising the democratically elected government, so although the most sensible idea, it’s unlikely.
But some good news(legally).
Home Office suspends cooperation with US over Isis pair death penalty threat