The EFL pay for Phil's Beer Meet-up Thread

I’m JOKING!

Couldn’t take the responsibility of the Match Day Thread so felt that the Meet Up thread was the way to go.

Obviously there is the Team Photo Thread plan to come but while it may seem a bit premature (as most of us will be tomorrow), there are so many factors and other mates to meet I thought I’d kick off.

1. I may buy a pint - you would NOT want to miss that moment

2. I will of course FINALLY pay my Lunch Bill from way back when - just bring the VAT receipt along please

:cool:

But where to ACTUALLY meet up? My knowledge of Pubs in London is about as up to date as @philippinesaint up to date knowledge of Nana Plaza

At JPT getting to Wembley (and away) by Overground was a piece of piss from Marylebone Station, as was meeting (and eating) at Weatherspoons The Globe Baker Street. Which may be an easier to reach Londonium spot for those on the Bingo Bus to Wealdstone

So I thought maybe I would ask you experts whether there is a decent watering hole around there.

I start by offering an out of date google search of Time Out to start the ball rolling

https://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/marylebone-bars-and-pubs#tab_panel_2

Shouldn’t this have gone in the “Matchday drinking club” category?

As for Wembley I am still undecided as to my travel plans. Someone has told me that there is engineering works planned for that weekend and it’s a bus from Poole to Southampton Airport Parkway and back. If that is the case I may drive as I don’t want to be drunk on a bus (again!!) plus it’s a 4 hour journey instead of 2.5!!

Trains are officially fucked, I am going to be driving!

Ayone want a lift up to North london where we can get the tube in to Wembley (or where ever beers are to be!!)

I’m 3500 + miles away, but even I know that Rail Travel is going to be carnage on Sunday.

Buses for those coming from Bompey Way. No trains from Salisbury so Buses being sent to Southampton/Romsey way and Reading way.

IF you drive you have the egg chasers at Twickenham who will screw up any chance of getting up the M3 so A34 / M4 is a suggestion, and IF you get delayed on the way out of Wembley, I did read that the M3 will actually be closed overnight,

So yes needs some planning and yes this needs to go in the right section!

Isn’t that gonna be full of Mancs looking to park?

It should have. It now is. @dubai_phil

3 Likes

Where the fuck is Nana Plaza?

2 Likes

a) Doubt it, don’t all the Mancs come from London anyway

b) I have relatives in S. Ruislip so I can park at their house if needs be.

So England are playing Italy at Twickers at 15:00 on Sundary 26th!

The M3 is officially fucked up until the End of Days!

What idiot at the club thought it’d be a good idea to get to a cup final!!

1 Like

I feel duty bound to point out that despite his generous offer to pay for drinks, @dubai_phil has a 100% record of scarpering off from Sotonians events leaving others to pick up the tab.

Unless he’s been twice. I don’t remember.

Les Reed Out FFS. Can’t get anything right.

1 Like

2 hours 56 minutes to go before we find out whether Eric has any chance of joining us…