⚰ The death of retail

Try affording anything at a farmers market however you get there. Its a pleasant way to spend a morning, but your wallet will ache for days.

5 Likes

Why is this obsession with blaming the “media” again. Fox and Friends, Russia Today, Al Jazeera News, RTE, BBC, C4 news, Washington Post, Boston Globe, New York Times. They’re all seperate and are owned by different companies.

There is no “media conspiracy”

[quote=“SaintBristol, post:22, topic:4517, full:true”]There is no “media conspiracy”
[/quote]

Show me balanced reporting, or indeed any real reporting on these issues, from your masters.

Corbyn & antisemitism?
Syria & the White helmets?
Russia & everything?

If you want to be a nodding dog, go ahead, but don’t drag up a 3 day old post to say nothing. Broaden your horizons.
Weren’t you posting last year about American media being bought up?
Changed your tune. Why is that?

From your masters? really? I’m hoping that your not serious. Also you mentioned you were a teacher, I really hope not.

Still can’t answer a few simple questions, but continue to dismiss any view that that doesn’t agree with the ridiculous narrative of your masters.
Please explain why i would be a worse teacher(i’ve stated multiple times that I am a builder) than you or the idiotic lying stenographers in the media you worship.
Pick any of them and i will prove that they have knowingly and repeatedly lied to those stupid enough to believe anything(that’s you).
Is that why you always avoid discussing the issues, because somewhere deep in your subconscie, there’s still a miniscule amount of free rational thinking that refuses to let you make more of a fool of yourself?
Address the issues Ted, because your fucking useless at trying to demean other people’s views.

The media are to blame for empty shops in the High Street?

I think in Salisbury specifically everyone knows that

1. Before Novichok parking was so expensive it was cheaper to drive to Andover who had a PROPER Shopping Mall
  2. The Business Rates crippled everyone equally
  3. Nobody goes to Salisbury anymore because of Novichok.

The population of the City is about 40k, historically it served a catchment area of over 200,000. Much of that area to the North or South have found access to the City restricted and so chose to take a dual carriageway to Andover and free parking or avoid the entire Southampton Road/Tesco’s clvsterfvck by going to Southampton.

Not relevant inn the big picture? Yes it is, it shows there are multiple reasons why retail fails. Westfield is always a nightmare, as is Oxford Street. As is the Outlet Mall in Braintree…

Multiple reasons. Blaming the msm should be reserved for the Political threads.

Is that question a reply to me @Polski_Filip because i didn’t say that. I said this.

Trying to work out how this came up in a retail thread sort of out of nowhere and context :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I mentioned the media’s lack of truthful reporting, so probably my fault, as i should have remembered that Ted gets very angry if anyone questions the proven liars and manipulators of the msm.
Then again, you mentioned the media first, so i’ll happily pass the buck to you.

Is this the definition of Irony? :lou_eyes_to_sky:

That the Daily Fail has a sensible business / economy story? Yes definitely

2 Likes

It’s amazing. I was away and completely missed the HoF story, Debenhams being in trouble & William Hill closing about 900 branches.
I’ll admit in my defence the past couple of months I have been somewhat elsewhere work wise and with less time to spend reading papers but crickey.

Seeing these stories makes me feel w right twerp for some of my replies on here and absolutely amazed that any Government would sit idly by and watch a decimation of an industry like this.
Oh wait, they do have form on that.
Ho hum.
How will the unemployed access internet shopping when they have no jobs to pay for their internet access in the first place and austerity means there are no social services to support the most in need - ie at this rate, everyone.
no doubt Mike Ashley will save the day like he has saved the barcodes

1 Like

Go to their local library where they can get free internet access

You assume libraries will still be open OR that the masses can uses public transport to reach them :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We popped into Malborough on the way home yesterday. Now this is a market town that could be brilliant. However a quick walk down the high street. Joules, Costa, Boots, bookies, oxfam, bookies, next, cafe, wh smith, mencap, bookies

Is there any wonder the high street is dying - it fucking deserves to.

and thats before getting into the fact that the older retailers are absolutely clueless about what they stand for anymore.

Maybe the answer is to charge shop rates based upon the number of stores they own. - If you own one store, then you pay 50%, if you own 300, you pay 300%. And charity shop pay as well.

1 Like

They’ll have paid for mobility scooters, WALL-e style…

I thought you were talking about Eastleigh (awaits timely rebuttal) :lou_lol:

1 Like

Or Poole High Street or Bournemouth High Street

Pick a high street, any high street tbf

2 Likes

As a big supporter of Joules, I would love Eastleigh to have one (not that I buy anything new anymore).

If it were Eastleigh there would be a 2 x kebab shops, polish deli, 4 curry houses, 2 x failing ice cream parlours, Domino’s, KFC, McDonald’s, 3 Costa’s, 2 greasy spoons and an Edinburgh Wool Mill (WTF?).