The best of the worst

I wouldn’t take that Pogba either, we have enough midfielders who like to give the ball away…

2 Likes

On tonight’s showing so far, not Cantwell

2 Likes

Cantwell is terrible most of the time. He gets away with that at Norwich partly because he occasionally plucks a solitary moment of quality out of thin air, usually just as the opposition have decided that he’s crap, (this may be a deliberate tactic on his part,) and partly because the rest of the squad make him look decent in comparison. But I’d still quite like Hernandez if he was our type of signing, which he isn’t.

2 Likes

The Norwich management apparently want £20M+ for any of their players.

I think that answers that then … none of them (maybe with the exception of Buendia) are worth £20M. Some of them have got something about them (Cantwell, Hernandez, Godfrey, Idah) but the reason Norwich is going down is 'cos the team is shite. Whether that ultimately is a reflection of management or players is arguable but it doesn’t detract from the truth. I think we’re better than picking over the bones of relegated teams. I appreciate it’s a hypothetical thread and all … :smirk:

1 Like

I read somewhere that Athletico Madrid are keen on Buendia who is the only one I think would add something to our side.

1 Like

Are you sure that’s not for the whole team?

1 Like

That’s how we got Redmond, tbf.

1 Like

From Norwich, TBF

Indeed.