šŸ„ The Beef Thread (in honour of Barry)

Happy to but I am not the one making baseless accusations.

ā€œYeah but, no butā€¦ā€

I thought I had this on mute so was surprised it popped up.

Back on mute :roll_eyes:

I know - but I think we just need to reset a bit

You and Baz cannot communicate without going at each other and neither of you can back down

Me, after a while I get bored and instead go highlight how slow @BTripz footie feed is or something

2 Likes

Baz hasnā€™t had a debate that didnā€™t descend into this with anyone, ever. In fact, the only row heā€™s had that had a good outcome was the one he had with me before this place started. Itā€™s less ā€œme and Bazā€ and more ā€œBaz and anyone that disagrees with himā€. This thread is a fine example

As for UnbelievableNumberOfBanningsAndUsernames,worse deal than Barry from a modā€™s perspective. The man has spent a professional lifetime of trying to herd much brighter people into doing his business and clearly knows how to game the system when talent wonā€™t do it.

I am surprised about his anti-ban stance yesterday, when heā€™s put me in a a ā€œhe goes or I goā€ situations, demanding the banning of another poster. That poster is still here. He has also demanded the anonymisation of his account, threatened to grass us up to both the police and TellMama (on account of the poster he wanted banning). Heā€™s another one that canā€™t just have a disagreement without a fallout.

You and I have disagreed on much for years. Weā€™ve called each other out on it, particularly if either of us are being stupidly partisan, and we havenā€™t fell out. So it can be done.

Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m not a cunt, or not provocative - but I do try to get on with people. Even on this thread, Iā€™ve tried to give good faith answers on most of the questions being posed.

When was the last time either of these two gentlemen got it with any other poster on any forum and it ended well?

Glad to see you decided to try to calm it down @pap.

You trying to provoke me into some sort of response you can ban me for?

The post above, as with many of your diatribes, mean nothing without context.

Iā€™m perfectly calm, dude.

Earlier I said people should think about what they post and why theyā€™re posting it.

I posted that to remind people that there are those that post in good faith, and there are those that are mostly out to troll.

The context is that any other mod would have banned you years ago, as they did on other places. If I were minded to do it, Iā€™ve got enough evidence from TopicGate alone. If I posted the logs there would be zero complaints.

And yet, youā€™re still about.

As I said, there are those that post and those that troll. As long as people donā€™t mistake one for the other, I can live with that.

Iā€™m not even sure what youā€™re on about with ā€œTopicgateā€? Was that when I asked to be anonymised and for my account to be deleted, and you refused, so I started to delete all my posts and threads?

If so, youā€™ve brought that up before, and no-one seemed to care then, either.

Again, context.

Amazing that youā€™ve gone down this road, just because I said you werenā€™t very good at explaining shit. Your prerogative though.

Weā€™ve discussed TopicGate before. This is the old ground I was referring to. Do you really want a re-cap?

Otherwise, the floor is yours. Provide all the context you need to. Get your kum ba yahs out.

Genuinely not sure what youā€™re talking about - must have made a more profound impression on you than me.

:sotonians: Sotonians explainer - TopicGate
TopicGate refers to the night a poster, guested at the time, discovered that due to a bug in the system, he was able to delete topics he had created, even while in guest mode

Subsequent investigation of the web logs revealed that over an eight hour period, such topics were systematcally deleted, resulting in the removal of thousands of posts from all users of the site.

Fortunately, all posts were restored from a recent backup and the ability to delete topics was removed from the site altogether.

The individual concerned has varied his responses over time. Initally flat out denying the action, when confronted with the logs, claimed that he did not know what he was doing. The present position is that he doesnā€™t remember it at all, contradicting the logs of the time.

The moderators of the site felt it best not to mention it at the time, given the huge amount of friction it was likely to create with other posters.

Thatā€™s the one Iā€™m talking about above that no-one gave a fuck about - I just wanted a way to get rid of my posts. Didnā€™t realise thats what it did though, I thought it just moved it down the long list of threads rather than deleted the whole thread. Doesnā€™t ā€œOver an 8 hour periodā€ show you that I was trying to delete the posts one by one. Anyway, youā€™ve mentioned that before - not sure why all the secrecy?

All that post above does is point out your shit dev skills.

I didnā€™t develop it, was off the shelf. I fixed the issues.

Try and downplay it as much as you like, but donā€™t invoke the ā€œgood peopleā€ of this site when you spent eight hours erasing their contributions.

Even if we take your explanation at face value, which I donā€™t, you spent eight hours just trying to delete your own content. For what reason, exactly? Thatā€™s weird enough in itself.

Anyway, have a think about what you want to be, poster or troll. We can still handle your anonymisation request if thatā€™s what you want.

Yes please, I think my time is untenable here as you clearly donā€™t want me on the site to call you out on your bullshit. Iā€™ll go the way of the reams of other posters, and mods, who have left because you canā€™t stand not being right.

Anonymisation please.

Weā€™ve got a month to implement this by law. Weā€™ll probably get it done much earlier - itā€™s a one button function on this forum.

The date has been noted. Iā€™ll speak with the other mods about it and give you time to consider it. In the meantime, given your request, I donā€™t think itā€™s wise that you continue to contribute.

Iā€™m not doing this immediately because:-

a) you want the shit-storm
b) Iā€™m not having my weekend fucked up over this
c) you changed your mind before when it was clear that we werenā€™t arsed

Sleep on it and DM the mods if you need to.

cc @Goatboy @BTripz

Well I for one would like to say two things.

Pap please donā€™t bring me into your arguments with others using my name when Iā€™m not in conversation to try and further your argument, its not fair, it makes you look like a bully (which I donā€™t think you are by the way to be evenhanded) and it makes you looks like youā€™re an intelligence snob also.

Secondly I enjoyed Worzelā€™s input and balanced views, you may not have but I did (I am not going to speak for others) but it would be a real shame if he left

Thatā€™s my input so if you have to speak about me feel free to @ but simply donā€™t write about me without including me, poor form.

Can we get back to commenting upon the Ukraine invasion and move some of the above to Barryā€™s Island? Would that help?

It wasnā€™t my call, and wasnā€™t the first time heā€™s asked.

If someone asks for anonymisation, we are legally required to execute the request within a month. Last time we were threatened with the ICO if we did not comply.

If he wants to withdraw his request, heā€™ll be unsilenced immediately but if he comes back and just uses this place as a platform to prosecute personal vendettas, heā€™ll be quickly gone.

As things stand, the man has asked for his entire content to be anonymised. Iā€™m delaying that to see if cooler heads prevail.

So, Cherts/Worzel has gone / as is going.

One down.

Personally appreciate discourse dialogue and wind ups on the site. Adds flavour.

Never thought for an instant Cherts/Worzel is by any stretch of the imagination the worst poster on this site - we all know this - despite his flouncing off again.

1 Like

The moment that thread was allowed to become about 5 peoples opinions not the horror it was always going to happen.

To have a poster call me a Putin lover, trust me, I almost went full Worzel.

I understand our leader enjoys the banter but as I showed my tourists the reality of the reception centre on Wednesday I came close to going after reading that egotistical bollocks from everyone

I asked them to make an opinion thread so they could score points but noā€¦