:bbc: The BBC

What the fuck is a zoella?

Originally posted by @Sussexsaint

What the fuck is a zoella?

zoella is gr8 she tells you all about stuff like i.e. which is the best eyeliner to use and which company has paid her most to push their makeup bags on tweens this week plus she has an easy manner i find her vids v.soothing the only downside tho is often she has her boyfriend or her brother on her vids and they are both massive arsehats RIP

That was quite informative although:

1. Ditch the glass of water for a nice glass of red wine

2. That’s not pampering, that’s effing hard work. Must have been a 3 hour ritual!

Zoella is a moron. This is pampering:

1 Like

Ah damn, I missed BS being a plum.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

If it were a contest how come I wouldn’t be a contestant? I think you may actually mean a contender? Or is there a qualifier and I got knocked out?

I’ve been trying to conjure a vaguely diplomatic response to this. I think the situation can best be described by you playing if not a different sport, then at least a different code to the sport we all reckon we’re playing.

It’s like having a Premier League football game with a player that claims, and believes, that he is the absolute dogs bollocks when it comes to Association Football, but only really knows the rules of rugby and is only vaguely aware of them. The “rugby player” doesn’t see any problem. It’s still a green field with white things on the end. Alright, they’re a bit shorter than he’s used to, but immigrants probably nicked the tops on the way to their giro payments or something. Explanation for everything, like.

As far as he’s concerned, all is cool - yet within 5 minutes, he’s been sent off for two deliberate handballs, and tries to return to the game ten minutes later because he thinks it’s only a sin bin offence.

Applying that to my comments on here, you’re just speaking a different language to the rest of us, matey. People have to try hard just to understand what the fuck you actually mean, eventually realising that even if we get an explanation, it’s in no way applicable to the game in play.

2 Likes

Jesus Wept - people watch that ? People need to be told how to pamper themselves?

1. Stick music on loud

2. Play videogame of choice cranked right up with entire pack of hobnobs

3. Eat massive take away curry and drink beer

4. Watch a film or something

5. Knock one out, feel a bit shit afterwards and have a little cry in private

I learned all that by myself

3 Likes

I don’t know. That bird that used to teach us Japanese on Stevesweb was alright.

I get that. It was the ‘yet another example’ that raised an eyebrow. I wasn’the aware the country was waging war on the young.

Don’t be a hater, chocula “kid”.

This thread has come on a belter concerning Pap’s accepted view via a left wing article that the BBC represents the bankers, and I veer off on a tangent, you guys are crazy, loaded guns…

Originally posted by @TheCholulaKid

I get that. It was the ‘yet another example’ that raised an eyebrow. I wasn’the aware the country was waging war on the young.

Well I am not young myself, but I do have two daughters, 20 and 16, so I get to experience their anxieties vicariously. Sometimes, I look at all the stuff the kids get and think they’re lucky. We all think the generations after us have it lucky, because it happens to be true a lot of the time. I genuinely don’t think that is true now.

Putting yourself in the shoes of an aspiring kid, it must be fucking gutting that you are not going to get the breaks the generation before you got because THEY fucked up. That is genuinely how kids perceive us, and while we might not think it a war, they way we’ve tried to monetise everything our youngsters need to fully realise their potential is little short of disgusting.

We should be thankful they’re not murdering us while we sleep.

that’s not the same as active hostility towards the young.

What breaks are these?

Does the thought (or lack thereof) matter from the young person’s point of view? I don’t think so. Whether it’s active hostility, indifference or pure short-termism, the Conservatives have prioritised the vote winning elderly over the more radical, but ultimately better investment of the young.

I actually don’t think policy is as binary of having to take from the young to give to the old. A government with more political will and let’s face it, a bit of fucking vision, might find funding from elsewhere to secure the future. However, many of those young kids will believe that there is some finite pile of cash that the oldies are getting that they aren’t.

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @TheCholulaKid

Well I am not young myself, but I do have two daughters, 20 and 16, so I get to experience their anxieties vicariously. Sometimes, I look at all the stuff the kids get and think they’re lucky. We all think the generations after us have it lucky, because it happens to be true a lot of the time. I genuinely don’t think that is true now.

Putting yourself in the shoes of an aspiring kid, it must be fucking gutting that you are not going to get the breaks the generation before you got because THEY fucked up. That is genuinely how kids perceive us, and while we might not think it a war, they way we’ve tried to monetise everything our youngsters need to fully realise their potential is little short of disgusting.

We should be thankful they’re not murdering us while we sleep.

What breaks are these?

Free or cheaper education. Youth centres. Libraries. Much easier access to the property market. Much better employment prospects.

all I can think of is tuition fees and the loss of grants for university students. Other than that I can’t think of any evidence of war being waged on the young.

I don’t think moving bbc3 to online is part of any campaign against the young.

KRG, what else do you youngsters believe points towards this idea that society is against you?

the things you’ve listed aren’t party of a campaign against the young. House price increases affect everyone and haven’t been done just to piss of the kids. Fucking the economy up is not an example of “waging war” on the young. None of these points add up. I don’t know how many libraries have closed but I also don’t know how many kids use libraries today compared to when I was a youngster.

It’s a matter of perspective. Rising house prices are great that got them early and have a relatively low mortgage to pay. They’re a huge obstacle to those aspiring to get on the ladder, a situation not helped by the lack of availability of low cost housing.

My aunts and uncles had access to council housing in the 1980s, and as I recall, bought private housing without buying their council house in between. The generation just before them, whatever you said about the seventies, could walk out of one job and into another.

And tbh, Fatso, we’re talking Sotonians “young”, not “young young”. There are people hitting their 30s that haven’t a clue how they’re getting by week to week, let alone getting on an expensive housing ladder.

OK, so the same shit I’ve had to deal with then. Nah, I’m sorry, don’t buy that, just seems like a good old excuse to have a moan.