:engerland: 🏏 :Ireland: The 4 day Test. Eng v IRE

Leach c Adair b Murtagh 92

Saw of both openers.
England 186-3 lead by 64

Inability to convert could cost him that opening spot in the Ashes.

1 Like

We’re an average test team at best and this is showing.

We could see an Ashes series with some of the lowest scores. It will be exciting, though. It’s been our frustration for a while. There’s so much talent in that batting line-up. Sometimes it’s technical but generally it’s the mental side of the game, and that concerns me.

Who said this? It wasn’t me even though I’ve mentioned on here about our mental strengths and the guru’s, wizards and inbreds shot me down.

Vaughan?

1 Like

I notice all the experts have gone quiet.

Unfortunately you’re still banging on. You were the one banging on about our mentally weak one day team. How did that work out?
Test cricket is a different beast and we will struggle because we have no established top 3. We have a decent bowling attack though so let’s wait and see how things pan out

2 Likes

Bullshit.
We have no 1, 2 OR 3 of test quality let alone established ones

1 Like

Ha Ha its the worst top 2/3 in our history, we’ve tried (quoting Hussain here 18 players) many and we’re still poor technically and mentally, he said at a push as Atherton pushed him as he wasn’t arsed as they probably fail Denly and Vince but they can’t be relied on to score runs, its their fucking job! To score runs and they are good enough to score them, fucks sake. Ireland have showed us up.

Having played village cricket for many years, I do at least understand the steps up to each level. I could muddle some runs out/see off the new ball at friendly level.
When we played league 2 I was down at 8 or 9 and batted maybe a dozen times in 10 years highest score about 5.
Our best plater scored tons at all our levels even a 20 over game.
Picked at county u19 level way out of his depth.
It has always been a step too far from County to Test, we switched to 4 day games etc to try help, divisions to help.
Vince Denly? Good county cricketers.
The cream at Test level is very rare. Long may it be that way.
Now, they should give Sam Northeast a look for the winter tour. He may step up now he is injury free

3 Likes

Porterfield gone Ireland 11-1

Got him piss off you’re out

18-2

1 Like

Got him piss off you’re out

19-3

1 Like

Chocolate button moment for the paddies

1 Like

A two-ball duck!

my feed is still a wicket behind

1 Like

Close there - almost carried to the slips

We’ll skittle them and rightly so, we shouldn’t even be in this position, its the batsmen thats going to cause us nightmares this year, if we can’t bowl (or bat really) in ur own conditions when can we?

Got him piss off your’re out
24-4

Never very good at batting, my reactions lie in the bar opening, could bowl average accurate medium pace, boredom got the batsmen out but I’d say it was my guile.

5 Likes