🎄 The 2018 Christmas Trivia and stuff and annoying or amusing stuff thread

Yay! It is now December, “stuff” is starting to appear on social media that can annoy the hell out of more of you by keeping it in one place. Sure @Goatboy has his shopping thread, but thought we shouldn’t contaminate our bad joke not bored thread with “stuff” and anecdotes.

So here we go Sotonians 1st Christmas Song of 2018

For @pap

Not long now!

:christmas_tree::christmas_tree: Merry Christmas from Oz and the Ozetts. Have a great, enjoyable and safe day. :christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Interesting.
I lived in UK, there are 12 days of Christmas, so you had to take your decorations down yesterday.
I moved to Dubai, I learnt the Russian ( and Orthodox Church) Christmas Day was? 5th January.
Here in Poland, decorations are put up later and, for some reason that Google cannot yet explain, they keep the decorations up until?
2nd February.
#confused.com

You didn’t search much - it’s candlemass “Candlemas, also known as the Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord Jesus and the Feast of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is a Christian Holy Day commemorating the presentation of Jesus at the Temple.”

Today might be orthodox Christmas eve as well.
This from a Russian earlier.

January 6, 2019 at 14:00

Dear everyone, today is orthodox Christmas Eve :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy New Year to everyone and i hope you all had a good time over the Christmas period.

I learned about “re-gifting”, or rather Mrs NB did. She received two gifts from the SiL which were a) a scarf with the labels removed and with a faint aroma of perfume on (presumably previously worn) and b) some perfume not in its wrapper, which upon further investigation, could only be bought as part of a selection pack of toiletries and is not available for separate sale. She couldn’t help feeling slightly disappointed as the family departed in their new BMW to drop the kiddiwinks off with the Nanny before a well earned break at a hotel. I must remember to re-gift the re-gifted scarf next year for a laugh.

3 Likes

I am tempted next Xmas to suggest to the family that we don’t do presents and then I shall spend what I would have spent on myself and guarantee getting stuff I want and might actually use

Oh and the Ayatollah hasn’t let frying pan gate lie yet.

4 Likes

John Lewis now trolling the Ayatollah asking her for feedback on the frying pan - they are not helping.

6 Likes

Show her the frying pan I got
Hers has to be better?

Perhaps the fact that he bought her a LIDL Pan, not a Le Creuzet is the issue?