The 2017 Sotonians Awards Thread

New late category just approved by the committee :-

“The Handy with a Handie award”

1 Like

Ah yeah, soz.

I’ve been very business at work. The arduous nine hour days are a fevered, half remembered dream of fluffiness and wonderment.

3 Likes

Jeez @pap what comes first financially supporting a few offspring and Partner or 383 hopeless ner-do-wells who rely on you for affirmation and support in their piteous on-line existence?

OK - srs business it is then…as you were

What comes first is ticking some very important checkmarks on the CV, getting my work out of the door with a minimum of rework and being able to pick and choose from some nice 2019 work.

Loving all that. Hating the commute. Every time I close my eyes I see motorways and brakelights.

1 Like

Ok, the first award goes to @goatboy , who amassed the most points over the course of the year. He gets the Sotonians Poster of the Year Gold Award. Silver goes to @fatso , who came a very commendable second. @btripz takes the bronze.

The top 10 are:-

Goatboy 6257
Fatso 4199
BTripz 4026
Rallyboy 3831
Bearsy 3431
lifeintheslowlane 3311
pap 3236
Dubai_Phil 2938
saintbletch 2764
Cobham Saint 2713

I’ll announce more stats based awards this week. Badges will be done at the weekend. We’ll sort the more interesting awards out later.

Next up, we’ll have points per post, a.k.a The Point Sniper Awards

1 Like

Do I get any cash for my silver award?

4 Likes

No but you get to milk the winner.

7 Likes

No, no, no no no…no!

I now have something in my mind that shouldn’t be there…

1 Like

I must get more points next year

3 Likes

So it looks like I’m the 6th saddest bastard on Sotonians over the last year. :lou_sad:

Note to self: Post less this year.

The Sotonians Point Sniper Lightweight Division Award

We’ve always had a points per post award. I am shaking things up this year by introducing divisions, a la my expert sport boxing.

The lightweight division is for anyone packing between 25 and 100 posts over 2017.

Undisputed champion is @mottthehoopoe , top ranking contender is @ant , while the Clubber Lang looking to knock them both into the ground is @smiler

Top ten are:-

MotttheHoopoe 3.57
ant 2.90
Smiler 2.74
Matthew Le God 2.38
Kingdom Come 2.35
tigger 2.20
OzSaintDave 2.20
SO5 4BW 2.07
Redslo 2.05
Won Ton 1.45

5 Likes

Oh golly I hope I make it onto one of the lists, I could really do with a boost to the ol’self-esteem. Is it too late to try to garner upvotes now?

I’ll give it a go anyway:

The Soviet is an empty vessel and Brexit is a pile of horseshit voted for by morons and racists who like fingering furball’s wife.

3 Likes

The hotly contested Animal Username Trophy is the one I usually target. All the high rollers! Me, you, goatboy, erm, ant.

1 Like

I thought you usually got the Animal Abuser Trophy @bearsy

1 Like

Jeez I gotta get glasses or a bigger mobile screen.

1st two times thought you’d awarded Bear the Anal Abuser Award

3 Likes

Fuck off BTripz you absolute bastard! I call foul! If that downvite knocks me out of contention then I’m going to come round your house and give you a stern ticking off!

1 Like

Hehe @themightyostrich calling fowl!!

3 Likes

Make him grin & Bear it perhaps?

Is there a most unlikely to win an election but won an election award (sponsored by Brexit). If so I want to claim mine. I think it might have been from 2016.

Also, how come ya are so fucking proficient at counting votes all of a sudden?

4 Likes