🇸🇾 Syria

We’ve been over lots of things that you choose to ignore(my question was more about the isreali perspective), like my above post.
You agree with the list? That’s a good start.
I also asked yesterday for someone to show the balanced reporting of the ceasefire from the BBC. All Western media were screaming for it, so it’s a fair question. Nothing, am i to assume the BBC website didn’t want to cover it, for some nefarious and unbalanced reason?

I certainly don’t disagree with more views and facts to back it up.if thats what you mean.

That’s good enough for me. I’m hugely sceptical of the msm, but still read them.
Here’s what Syria 2011 was like, from the point of view of someone that was there, Webster Tarpley(no idea about his credentials, but it fits with a lot of people’s accounts).
“What average Syrians of all ethnic groups say about this is that they are being shot at by snipers. People complained that there are terrorist snipers who are shooting at civilians, blind terrorism simply for the purpose of destabilizing the country. I would not call this civil war – it is a very misleading term. What you are dealing with here are death squads, you are dealing with terror commandos; this is a typical CIA method. In this case it’s a joint production of CIA, MI6, Mossad, it’s got money coming from Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates and Qatar,”
http://www.voltairenet.org/article171932.html

https://twitter.com/medialens/status/1042686876245782528?s=20

All media outlets have agendas, one that don’t report or report little on the invasion of Crimea don’t deserve readership.

And what about ones who report very little or not at all on the indiscriminate bombing of Yemen? Is there any media that does deserve our attention by your logic?

They do report them though, you just don’t want to see it, sure they may not report it enough or enough for your liking or perspective (thats key here) but they do do it.

‘Very little or not at all’. The reporting on Yemen has focussed on the humanitarian disaster rather than the support the west is giving to Saudi in general. Anyway. That is just one example. The point stands. If you dismiss all content from (for example) RT because you don’t agree with one aspect of their editorial policy (e.g. Ukraine) then you have to apply the same scepticism towards the msm.

1 Like

The UK is a huge arms seller and thats not going to change, who would attempt to?
Too many jobs, too much money and political own goal, should it happen? Of course but it won’t.

What did RT say about the invasion of Crimea?
Georgia?
Chechnya?

My point is just because you don’t agree with their omissions or ‘bias’ shouldn’t mean you dismiss everything they say. Otherwise you would never read any media at all. To use another example, I find a lot of al Jazeera content biased and their warmongering in Syria abhorrent but their expose of Israeli influence in UK politics was enlightening .

1 Like

All news is biased, you’re surely not that naive?

You can’t seriously believe one new source is the sole truth?

Context, interpretation and opinion.

Facts? Jesus Christ when did you land.

Everyone has a side and a viewpoint, and an agenda.

Mine most of the time isn’t what someone says its why they’re saying it.

That’s what I’m saying you plum!
It’s you ignoring a source because you see it as biased!

1 Like

No I see them all as biased, you’ll get as much verification and validation from Pilger as you will the Telegraph.

Watch this and shut up.

4 Likes

Thank you @pap

So, it’s looking like isreal lied and the Russians have drawn a line in the sand. Wonder if we’ll hear about the response(there will be a response).

“The actions of the Israeli fighter pilots, which led to the loss of life of 15 Russian service men, either lacked professionalism or was an act of criminal negligence, to say the least.”
Major General Konashenkov.

Why is this major event not being reported here, but the below bit of shit propaganda is?
Yes they are still using Bellingcat as a legitimate source and trust their readers not to notice the mind-boggling stupidity the Russian SS would have to employ for it to be believable.

Russian passport leak after Salisbury may reveal spy methods

Then again, they’ve all been told to up the anti Russian propaganda(wonder were that order originated?).

But that’s nothing new, as the city controls all.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think somewhere on this thread there is some drivel about the Jihadists hot footing it to China.

Yeah, right, if this is to believed

They wouldn’t last 2 mins in China.

You only believe what news you want to, we’ve been over this. You’re totally blinded and biased.