🇸🇾 Syria

Like everyone here I suspect, I have read the reports from first hand witnesses who say that there was no gas and it was just a dust cloud. Today I have also read reports from the CBS who interviewed someone who said there was gas and it smelt like chlorine. The guy also showed the film crew a compresssed gas cannister which came through his roof and looks similar to ones used in other gas attacks. A Swedish journalist said he felt a strong discomfort in his throat and that there was a strong ordour in the basement of the house he was in. None of this is hard and fast evidence, granted, but then neither are the reports that it wasnt gas. You have to wonder too why the Russians stopped the inspectors going in earlier. If there was nothing for them to worry about wouldn’t you want that news out quickly? As it is, it looks like they were playing for time and, perhaps, have been cleaning the site up. You pays yer money and you takes yer choice.

Sorry sog. You said hard evidence and I’m afraid there is none.

2 Likes

If you have a link to that hard evidence, yes. If not, no.

Tin foil at the ready, Russia are good and lovely as is Suria and the West is bad, fuck off and live there.

Suria? Hello Donald.

The UN Security Council were convinced. I would imagine that they were happy with the evidence put before them.

Guys

You aĺl miss the single most important point here.

You are debating points raised or made by POLITICIANS.

Surely by now you are all old enough not to believe a word any of them say?

(On ALL sides)

Next up you will all be believing the mid week #saintsfc propaganda as well.

When we move to Discourse we should rename the forum to Cynicians.

True so the question lies with who would you believe more?

I could go on and bore poeple with what Russia have done in previous years to civilians in the name of expansion and control but I won’t and most wouldn’t believe anyway as their agenda regardless of who and what will always be against the British state regardless of who is in power.

I believe none of them.

I do know it is about creating instability in the region for Israel but equally about the route and control of the pipelines, something made even MORE important with the massive discoveries off Bahrain a couple of days before this latest chemical attack.

1 Like

Ask yourself a simple question, what has Russia got to gain from using its veto all the time? What does it gain? Why does it allow Assad? If anyone says stability I think they need to look at what Russia has done in the last few years, just join the dots, why does Russia protect Syria?

2 Likes

Pipelines, energy and influence, Russia’s goal, the Soviet Union has gone but it won’t stop Putin wanting to advance Russia’s cause by fair means or foul, foul mainly but what am I saying this is a pro Russian forum where by they never do any harm at all, Beslan? Was that fake? Crimea? Fake? Moldova? Lithuania?

Tin foil hats, why do we give them a rightly hard time and others not?

I’ll answer that and many won’t be able to.

We don’t get much energy from them.

Won’t quote your whole post Bazza but a lot of Europe get their energy gas from Russia.

Iranian gas & oil to Europe via a Russian built pipeline undercutting oil/lpg tankers or a Saudi/ American one.

Glad to see you are a brexit/little Englander but the battle is the energy supply for EUROPE.

Much bigger fish

1 Like

Do you agree that there is a high possibility this is staged to stop Nord Stream 2 going ahead. I wonder who would benefit from that?

Russian interest in Syria would not seem to be about a commodity they are so abundant in. Maybe you were closer when you mentioned geography.

1 Like

Obviously, maintaing a Mediterranean Naval base at Latakia and airfields is pretty high on the list for Putin as will be arms sales.

1 Like

Oops

3 Likes

What is little Englander about a reality?

We have the North sea, and shale from the US if they can ship it eventually, why was Germany normally slow to condemn Russia and always wanting to play the middle man?

Greece and Portugal expel any diplomats lately?

Baltic states moan? The energy costs go up?

Get close to NATO?

Invasion or energy prices go through the roof.

People thinking Russia are innocent in this and this is a West stitch up and frankly ignorant or totally stupid.