🇸🇾 Syria

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

So this is what it has come to . Not only is the PM lying througb her teeth, but she’s caught out in her own lies with the context of her own Parliamentary comments today.

In justification for the action, she mentions previous form and says that the OPCW pointed fingers at the Russian regime. In justifying why she did not wait for the OPCW to conclude its investigations, she says that it has no power to ascribe blame, but would have done had the Russians not voted down an extension to its existing powers in 2017.

It is an utter tissue of obvious lies.

This caught my eye as I have just read Fisk’s book on the middle east. It is excellent and he is a very well respected journalist.

1 Like

Another journalist worth checking out is Vanessa Beeley, who actually lives in Syria unlike the armchair warriors from the MSM who are all holed up in 5 star hotels in Beirut, a long way away. It would appear that their principle role is to parrot the NATO line and not to ask obvious questions that would be embarrassing for our governments. Questions that a child would ask.

Three ‘chemical weapons facilities’ reduced to rubble by 100 cruise missiles … but no poisonous gas escapes, killing people. The lack of evidence is laughable, if there were chemical weapons there would be dozens, if not thousands of people killed in the streets, in their houses, there would be people crying in the streets. Where were the deadly sarin and chlorine gases after the cruise missile attack on three ‘chemical weapons facilities’? And after the so called chemical attack by Assad which, according to the jihadist White Helmets killed between 40 and 70, where were the funerals, which are always on our TV screens after the mass killings of women and children? The whole story is a farrago of lies from beginning to end. Our government takes us for idiots, sadly in a lot of cases they are correct. People are desperate to believe that our government is not capable of deception on this scale, especially when the victims of this deception are Russia and the legitimate leader of Syria. who we have been trying to overthrow, on behalf of Israel, never mind that we are using Islamic terrorist headchoppers to do it on our behalf. I see Netanyahu is showing signs of disgruntlement, and is warning there will be another gas attack by Assad soon, presumably when the legitimate Syrian forces are finishing with their mopping up of the last of our headchoppers and Syria is back under the control of Assad’s government. How stupid do they think we are?

1 Like
1 Like

Funniest thing is that the attacked site, the one that the msm is mainly going on about, was in fact inspected by none other than the OPCW, in November 2017. Any msm reported this?

There is also some reporting(not in western press), that 5 sites were attacked. I have reservations about the truth of this claim(not seen it picked up). Has anyone else read anything about this?

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/04/syria-pentagon-hides-attack-failure-70-cruise-missiles-shot-down-.html

1 Like

I posted this at the start of the Salisbury thread in reply to a well worded comment from @goatboy

It of course really belongs here, even if the two are related. Worth a read, if just to get an idea of the well funded networks set up to cause all the problems.

If you want to understand the purpose* of NGO’s and the very subtle, but deliberate use of language employed, Cory Morningstar is the person to read(unless you happen to be Bill McKibben).

Revisionist linguistics (this maybe belongs on the Salisbury thread, but then again, maybe the two are still related).

*answer is in the article(or just turn the TV on and stop thinking).

Good read this. I do like Fisk.

1 Like

So the WHO are saying that some 500 people were treated for symptoms consistent with a chemical attack. France says it has proof. The US media say that blood and urine tests show exposure to chemicals consistent with this type of attack. Meanwhile the inspectors have not been allowed onsite because they don’t have the correct documentation. Surprising because if chemicals weren’t used you would imagine Assad and Putin would bend over backwards to show the world they are right. In the meantime, all we have is hearsay evidence. It would be good to get some of these conclusive “facts” from either side firmed up. Dust clouds and dodgy shellfish or chemical warfare? It would make a good film.

Did Russia invade Crimea?

Nope.

They were “invited” in after Merkel encouraged right wing racist politicians in Ukraine.

Depending which news source you read.

But basically if she had kept her mouth shut…

Whatever happened on this occasion there is a lot of hard evidence to show that the Syrian government have used chemical weapons dropped from aircraft before and that they have denied doing so. The Russian government have also previously backed up the denials with their own version of events. I agree that it doesn’t make either party guilty on this occasion, but it does show previous and that Assad, Putin and Lavrov are, possibly, less credible than Trump, May and Johnson. I say possibly less credible because we know that Russia and Syria have lied about the use of chemical weapons in the past where we don’t know whether a western alliance have lied about the use of chemical weapons so far in this instance.

Hopefully that is even handed enough for you SoS?

:lou_wink_2:

Most new nations are right wing, there is nothing new there, I’d go for NATO expansion to the borders of Russia myself and Russia using the old “Russian Peoples” argument it does over and over, who invited them though, Kiev?

Fuck me sideways I agree with SOG.

What’s this hard evidence then?

The use of Sarin dropped by Syrian fighters on Khan Shaykhun in April 2017 which killed at least 74 people and inured over 500 more. The Russians claimed that the bombs hit a warehouse that may have contained a rebel chemical arms stockpile. The UN Security council were convinced that Syria was behind the attack. Amnesty Intl said that they believed that the chemical agent was delivered by an air attack. Syrian planes were reported to be in the vicinity at the time of the attack. The WHO confirmed that victims showed signs of contamination by chemical agents.

There you go Barry. I told you stranger things have happened than us avoiding relegation. Be prepared for a 4-3 win at Leicester!!