Sweden 🇸🇪 vs :engerland: England - @SaintBristol vs @Fowllyd - Quarter Final

Who will prevail?

• :sweden: Sweden
  • :engerland: England

0 voters

That young lady looks a little excited - I remember young ladies with that expression back in the ‘young years’ 89-94’ :grimacing:

It’s a bloke…

5 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Hey ho any port in a storm eh?

:lou_is_a_flirt:

3 Likes

They tended not to put on the clown make up though

2 Likes

28 days later

https://discourse-sotonians-uploads.s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/1X/9fb7746e836a219a7c79a21a832904c2088227cb.MP4

2 Likes

Sorry and all that Ted. I love you dearly, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to hand you your arse on a plate. You may then wish to give it to Fatso to eat, or you may not. That is entirely a matter for you.

1 Like

If its going, I’ll eat it.

5 Likes

Good man. I knew I could rely on you. Ted, I’m afraid you’re going to be in the market for a prosthetic arse.

1 Like

I’m happy to fashion @TedMaul a new arse out of marzipan, which has the bonus that I could eat it at any time if I feel peckish.

3 Likes

You’re a fine man, @fatso. Gluttonous yet generous.

2 Likes

Just picked up a message from 18 year old Bucks Junior, who is working in Chengdu, China. Not only has he organised a bunch of ex-pats to meet to watch the game tomorrow, but it was 4am his time and he was happily hammered.

#proud

11 Likes

We will lose. On penalties. Obviously.

So I got my explanation in for my foreign FB pals because they kind of were missing the context of the entire 3 Lions thing.

It’s relevant for a few hours doesn’t mention golf once

https://roadtotherydercup.com/2018/07/07/3-lions-my-view-on-falling-in-love-with-our-national-team-after-so-long/

It’s all getting wonderfully silly
Warwick Castle flying Southgate’s Waistcoat

Yes, I now we are going to lose on penalties, but still have 5 hours 55 minutes to enjoy these daft buggers

3 Likes

Beckham will be going shopping then. Hope he likes Meatballs

1 Like

From the Guardian build up thread

Matt Honeycombe writes from the bottom of the earth with a novel approach ahead of today’s match:

Sun is going down here in New Zealand, slow cooking chicken wings in a Jamaican Jerk sauce with Carolina Reaper chillies - the hottest peppers in the world. We figure - get the pain out of the way and any of the potential England roller-coaster of hurt that may come will feel like nothing. Come on England!

I love it. Keep a little something up your sleeve, Matt, maybe a seed to rub into an eye to ensure the tears, either of rapture, pure agony, or a heady fusion of both, continue well after the full-time celebrations/commiserations begin.