:superbru: :fifa_logo: Superbru - World Cup 2022 Predictor

The Qatar World Cup 2022 will so be upon us so it’s time to show your predictive skills.

I have created a Sotonians league for this and invited the current Superbru Premier League Predictor participants to it however if you would like to join click the following link and create an account (if you don’t already have one)

Sotonians Superbru World Cup 2022 Pool

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

busydado

Currently there are the following in the pool :-

@DellBoy
@Saint-Rob
@Goatboy
@SimplySaint
@lifeintheslowlane
@Cobham-Saint
@Dizzyfeet
@JxgrSaint
@PhilippineSaint
@Rugbysaint
@Polski_Filip

Still waiting for the following to accept the invite :-

@Numptyboi
@TheMightyOstrich

Why is the code busydildo?

3 Likes

Well, in a Limeny Snickers series of events, I have thrown my hat into the ring. This might mean I may or may not ask to join in the main Superbru League. If it’s way too late for that, next season is fine

Join now.
You’ll still beat @bt

2 Likes

Well done to @SimplySaint on his predictions so far, can’t believe he got the Argentina result wrong though.

2 Likes

Forgot to get around to doing my picks - quickest way to resume my normal service

1 Like

You can still do the predictions for the upcoming matches…

Why would I want to do that when I’m on a roll? :wink:

1 Like

Round 1 - End of First Round of Group Matches

After a strong start @SimplySaint faded slightly an allowed @Rugbysaint to earn the first :chapeau_jeune: of the World Cup predictor, @Rugbysaint predicted 11 of the 16 games, 3 exacts, 4 close and 4 results. This earned him 19 points 2 more than @JxgrSaint in 2nd place.

Hard lines to @Saint-Rob who predicted 12 of the 16 games correctly, however he had no exacts and 7 results.

Bottom of the pile is @Cobham-Saint who failed to make any predictions. So the :wooden_spoon: goes to @OzSaintDave who only predicted 7 of the games correctly.

And that, folks, is the leader board after the first round of group stage games

Round 2 - @Goatboy showing the same form as in the Superbru proper.

The end of the 2nd round of group games and, unfortunately, I’ve had to expel @Cobham-Saint from the competition for a serious lack of effort. It would appear the no fucks have grown in their garden this year.

@Goatboy storms to the top of this round showing the same form that he is currently showing in the Superbru proper. Only 10 of the 16 games predicted correctly though, this gives @Goatboy 17½ points, 2 points clear of his nearest rival @lifeintheslowlane.

Due to @Cobham-Saint’s expulsion this rounds :wooden_spoon: goes to @TheMightyOstrich who only managed to predict 3 of the matches correctly, poor effort that.

Leader Board

@JxgrSaint takes over the top of the board from @Rugbysaint with @Goatboy climbing 9 places to 2nd.

@OzSaintDave seems to have taken the @Cobham-Saint residency at the bottom of the table

Expulsion notice

Sotonians in World Cup Predictor

Dear Kev,

The captain of Sotonians in World Cup Predictor on Superbru has expelled you from the pool.

Why?
We don’t know why, we’re just letting you know: this action has been taken by the pool’s captain and not by Superbru.

You have been added to the automatic pool ‘Lamentable Porpoises’ and are free to apply to any other pool or start your own

Best regards,

The Superbru Team

Lol :joy:

3 Likes

First Red Card since bazbot.
Gotta be worth a badge

1 Like

It’s the age old problem of giving people a little bit of power and it just goes to their head

3 Likes

I’m as guilty as the rest of you but come on @OzSaintDave, @Polski_Filip and @PhilippineSaint

Screenshot from 2022-12-03 22-27-17

Because he couldn’t be fecking arsed is why!!

1 Like

Where’s me feckin badge Bob?! :wink:

Round 3 - Better Late Than Never

Looking at the results for Round 3 you’d think that @Goatboy was awarded this round’s :chapeau_jeune: but, as his 3-3-3 results show, 3 of them were from default picks i.e. he couldn’t be arsed to predict the matches so the default pick was awarded.

That means that we have joint :chapeau_jeune:'s in @PhilippineSaint and @Rugbysaint who both managed 1 results, 4 close and 3 exacts predictions, that’s only half the matches they managed to predict the results for.

@DellBoy is bottom of the pile with some quite abominable picks, only 2 results and 2 close from the 16 matches, that’s @Cobham-Saint levels of ineptness that is.

Leaderboard

@OzSaintDave climbs off of the bottom to be replaced by Mr Inept and @Goatboy takes over at the top

Round of 16 - You Lot Don’t Make it Easy

Top of the pile for the Round of 16 is @TheMightyOstrich who predicted 3 results, 2 close and 2 exacts, that’s 7 of the 8 matches he predicted only getting Por v SUI wrong, have a well earned :chapeau_jeune:

The :wooden_spoon: for this round goes to @Polski_Filip who only got 3 of the 8 matches correct, @OzSaintDave would have earnt it but he forgot to make any picks at all, still nursing a hangover after Australia got through to the last 16 I guess.

Leaderboard

@OzSaintDave plummets to the bottom whilst @Goatboy stays at the top.

Quarter Finals - Hard to Predict?

4 matches in the QF, must have been hard to predict as 6 of you managed to get no points whatsoever, 7 if you include can’t-be-arsed-to-predict @OzSaintDave

Consequently the :chapeau_jeune: goes to the player who managed to predict 2 of the matches, I close and 1 exact, step up to the plate @Rugbysaint

I supposed the :wooden_spoon: should be shared but Superbru have decided that @Goatboy had the worst of the worst predictions.

Leaderboard

@Rugbysaint takes over from @Goatboy is about as remarkable as it gets

With only 4 matches left and 12 points max up for grabs @PhilippineSaint and below are already out of it. There is some hope for myself and @Dizzyfeet but not a lot.

1 Like

Semi-Finals, 3rd Place Play-Off and Final

Only 4 games to report on so it’ll be a brief and concise update!

Semi-finals :-

:chapeau_jeune: goes to @Saint-Rob who predicted both games correctly, both close so earned a grand total of 3 points. Half the players (who bothered) predicted both games but most only got the results for 1 of the games and close for the other.

:wooden_spoon: goes to @Polski_Filip who predicted 1-1 draws for both games and, therefore, got null points. @PhilippineSaint also managed 0 points but missed out on the coveted :wooden_spoon:

Final and 3rd place play-off

Looking at the tables we may have 3 :chapeau_jeune: winners, @Dizzyfeet, @PhilippineSaint and @Goatboy. @Dizzyfeet got both results correct but only close, whereas the other 2 got only 1 result but that was spot on, both predicted 2-1 for the Morocco v Croatia game.

3 players also got 0 points @DellBoy, @SimplySaint and @TheMightyOstrich so they can each have a :wooden_spoon:, although SuperBru has given @TheMightyOstrich the honour

Final Leaderboard

Congrats to @Rugbysaint who stormed the World Cup predictor, winning by a massive 1pt.

Honourable mention to @Goatboy who ran him close.

Would give the loser badge to @OzSaintDave but he dipped out of the last couple of rounds so that badge will be given to the sweepstake winner @Polski_Filip

4 Likes