:netflix::prime_video_logo: Streaming Recommendations

New series starting on Friday…looks interesting…

Imagine a comedy show set in the mayhem of Trumps Twitter world Ripping the piss out of basically everything and starring John Malkovich and Steve Carroll.
Episode 1 has already dropped a cluster bomb of running gags and ended with a classic MUVVAFVCKERS.

Space Force has just dropped.
We chortled a lot. In fact Mrs P_F got almost up to beer spray levels but then shed had a bottle of plonk with her BFF.
Get a few glasses down your necks Could become a classic.

Somebody recommended Leverage (Amazon Prime) to us as we like Hustle, Oceans etc. Season 1, episode 1 was too rushed trying to introduce all the heist gang members plus backgrounds. Second episode was better, 3rd was too slow for me but 4th (watched last night) was a good chuckle. Not in the “must watch” category but enjoyable if you like your heist type movies.

Loved that a few years ago, whe Sky/Fox showed it. The very gorgeous Gina Bellman and when she was off having a kid, they replaced her with Seven of Nine.

Watching that “Dead to me” with Christina Applegate. Believe it was written/produced with Will Ferrell.

Quite entertaining, and quite funny. Worth a go.

Space Force Episode 2 is without a doubt utterly silly.
Yet still manages to make you think there is a trace of reality in the way Steve Carroll pursues a rescue mission with a Chimpanzee rather than the scientific approach.
The Social Media manager. The brain storm where BOMB is one of the ideas & the Secretary of Defence asks if he bombed anyone is potentially a classic.
I think after a bunch of beers it could be painfully stupid yet with a Dr Strangelove fear that it is still close to reality.
The Chimp is the star the “no wait! Ooooooh” line is just facepalming.
Love it
So does the Beeb

I’ve watched the first episode and didn’t find it that funny. Every time I hear Steve Carrell though I kept seeing Gru from Despicable Me!!

1 Like

Ep 1 had a few giggles Ep 2 I’d had more beer & was between open mouthed cringe until the Mo Wait Oooooooh moment.
It is so Trumpian

You’re still mad about the $1000 plastic button covers aren’t you…

1 Like

Guest House Paradiso has been added to Netflix today; it is possibly the greatest film ever made.

That is some claim. I’m might have to watch it.

1 Like

This what an epic intro

5 Likes

Love those films. Genius.

1 Like

I’d forgotten how stupidly funny NG 3 was.
The Fertility Clinic stuff was so childish & classic.
I now see why I like Space Force. I hadn’t realised at the time & It has a long way to go yet but I could see that the NG studidity/irreverance is what they are aiming for.

2 Likes

Space Force <=> Police Force, even the names are similar

Wasn’t it “Police Squad”?

1 Like

It was.
And Steve Carroll / John Malkovich are not yet Leslie Nielson/OJ Simpson/George Kennedy.

Earlier Zucker Brothers output is (ahem) a bit dated.

Watched Airplane the other day. Lot of jokes you’d never get on screen these days.

2 Likes

Actually my favourite joke in the film, that one.

Oh, and the “That’s when I developed my drinking problem”.

1 Like

Theres a problem in the cockpit…
What is it?
The bit at the front where tgecpikot sits, but that’s not important right now.

Is timeless