šŸ¤Ŗ Stir Crazy Antidote #11 - Guess where the lyric is from

OK new thread time and yes you can cheat easily if you want to spoil it, but then you are a MoT of highest order ;-p

Rules are simpleā€¦ its not about trying to find some obscure shite no one has ever heard of. You should own the Vinyl, Cassette, CD, MP3 files whateverā€¦ and you must have paid for it. It must be something you enjoy to this day.

To help, you can provide the year of release.

Everyone can then have guess :wink:

OK so here goes. From 1975

ā€˜Life is just a candle
And a dream must give it flameā€™

1 Like

Damn. Candle in the Wind was released in 1976.
So no idea

Abba?

Bay City Rollers?

1 Like

All my digital music has been free and cdā€™s albums, cassettes are in my dadā€™s loft and have been for nearly 20 years.

I cant play :frowning:

The Fountain of Lamneth by Rush and yes I own it

1 Like

Get in! We have a winnerā€¦ A much underrated album and a great track/s

Now your turn!

Talk about niche!

And @tigger must have only been a babe in swaddling clothes at that time.

Good thread @Map-Of-Tasmania.

2003ā€¦I find tears are very close every time I listen to this:

Her Chevrolet broke down
We prayed itā€™d never be fixed or be found
We touched her hair, we touched her hair
We touched her hair, we touched her hair

Picked it up in one of those reduced bins containing all those oldies no-one wants lol

1 Like

I think I know who , but not the song titleā€¦bugger

Aye , after I posted realised it might be a bit obscureā€¦ after I said ā€˜please avoid obscure stuff no one has ever heard ofā€™ :wink:

The Fountain of Lamneth just sounded like a typical bombastic prog anthem to when I first listened to it in around '82, but its a pretty cool lyric, a simple story of birth to deathā€¦ the album Caress of Steel, is typically youthful exuberance, but was a bit of a fuck you too teh record company for trying to get the band to write hit singlesā€¦ ā€˜The necromancerā€™ is a classic allegory, of three ā€˜men from Willowdaleā€™ fighting the corporate record company deamons for artistic controlā€¦ you have been warned :wink:

you dare to mock me sir? :wink:

They were all the rage in 1975. Well at least with the G/F of the time. I even got dragged along to a concert at The Gaumont and sat there reading a paper.

Although the presence of tons of teenage minge was some compensation, the damage to my ears wasnā€™t.

1 Like

You get a "likeā€™ just for using the word Minge.

My sister was a massive Bay City Rollers fan.

My sister also taught me to knit.

The first thing I knitted was a (very bad) Bay City Rollers scarf - multiple colours a bit like Tom Bakerā€™s scarf in Doctor Who. Except mine got wider and narrower, never had the cut-out letters sewed to it and was never finished.

I also learned this song.

Bee Ayy Why
Bee Ayy Why
Bee Ayy Why See Eye Tea Why
With an Are Ohh double Ell Eee Are Ess
Bay City Rollers are the best.

My favourite was Eric.

2 Likes

Have a go at the artist thenā€¦Iā€™ll give you a ā€œHeartā€ if youā€™re right. :lou_lol:

I think ā€¦ itā€™s that Mr Stevens fellow you like, not shakin, but the ā€˜sufferingā€™ one. I am show I hear that line when following a tube link you posted in the ā€˜listening to nowā€™ threadā€¦ and as itā€™s you who posted it, I thinks itā€™s that boy but no idea what song

1 Like

Ok this one is a bit less obscure, but from a Very well know Artist from 1975

ā€˜ā€™Big Jim was no oneā€™s fool, he owned the townā€™s only diamond mine
He made his usual entrance lookinā€™ so dandy and so fineā€™ā€™

1 Like

With his bodyguards and silver caneā€¦

2 Likes