Steam sales

There is a big summer Steam sale going on at the moment. I’m sure they’ll be more. Recommendations and stories of successful shopping adventures should go here.

The only thing to have tempted me off the ledge so far has been Homeworld Remastered. This’ll also be a good thread to flush all the PC gamers out.

Pah, since Minecraft I can hardly get near my flaming PC. Mind you the only game I really play on it is Track Mania.

You need a “big bad business” PC.

At least, that is how you sell it to the wife, accountant and taxman.

Make sure it has two graphics cards in Crossfire/SLI :slight_smile:

My wallet is currently cowering away like a dog on fireworks night. It always does that at the mention of a Steam sale.

TrackMania is good, I spent a fair amount of time on that a while back. My last Steam purchase was Darkest Dungeon which is very good and I can definitely recommend if it comes up on sale.

A little bit of shameless self promotion, the studio I work for released the following video of their latest game in preparation for E3 next week

3 Likes

Worst timing. I’m in between a trip to OZ & Glasto, plus in need of a new suit for some summer weddings.

My wallet hurts already. Currently sat browsing with around £30 in my cart. My office is the worst for this, everyone is just suggesting new stuff. I havn’t even touched half the games I got in the last sale.

Le sigh.

1 Like

Wow, that looks pretty cool. What is it you do there, Iniquitas?

Hadn’t heard of this one, will be keeping an eye on it.

Originally posted by @KRG

1. Rapes the horses.

2. Rides out on the the women.

3. Prunes the hedges of many small villages.

1 Like

I’m the IT guy for the studio. :smile:

So no direct involvement in any actual game development, I’m mostly there to make sure all of the teams have a solid IT infrastructure to work within. Despite what Pap would have you believe there is very little raping of horses. Highland cows are much easier to find and they have lots of hair to grab hold of!

2 Likes

That was actually a big Three Amigos reference, but I am glad I posted it and certainly won’t be buying any Scottish beef or dairy products during your tenure there.

1 Like

Steam sales!!!??

Where can I buy a bucket of it? I’ve been looking for that since I was an apprentice!

Any pointers to where I can buy a long weight?

I believe that you can find the long weights out back with the tartan paint.!

Alien Isolation and Ultra Street Fighter IV both on sale for about £8 each. Take that, console owners!

Pc Gaming is gargabe.

Ps Rocket League (bloody awesome if you havn’t played it) is £14.99 on Steam & £0.00 on PS+.

Your move.

…Really, there is one winner here.

Mobile gaming is where it is at :wink:

Pc Gaming is gargabe.

Easy for you to say.

Ps Rocket League (bloody awesome if you havn’t played it) is £14.99 on Steam & £0.00 on PS+.

Played the one that came before it. Will need to download it on PS4 before the end of the month.

Your move.

Did you see how het up PC gamers got over the suggestion that maybe referring to yourself as the “PC Master Race” is misjudged? Or anything Total Biscuit says or does? Or the crap about Framerate Police (granted those two are linked). Or just 90% of stuff on Steam (Tagging, Greenlight, Early Access, etc.)? It’s all garbage.

Did you see how het up PC gamers got over the suggestion that maybe referring to yourself as the “PC Master Race” is misjudged? Or anything Total Biscuit says or does? Or the crap about Framerate Police (granted those two are linked). Or just 90% of stuff on Steam (Tagging, Greenlight, Early Access, etc.)? It’s all garbage.

You say that, but console owners are hardly immune from becoming annoyingly fanboy-ish. Remember Nolan from the other place, spending each and every day acting as an unpaid cheerleader for Microsoft?

It’s a similar comparison to Saints fans vs Saints fans online. You could look at our offline fans that froth at the mouth and make assessments on Saints fans, but you’d be dismissing the vast silent majority that just like football but have no online interests.

1 Like

Lol, that thread was funny. But yeah, you aren’t wrong.

Gamer culture in general, is garbage. It’s hobbyism turned into a worship of consumerism. Too small an audience has been pandered to for too long, leading a small, but vocal group to think they are the most important thing in the industry.

I love my games, but god do I despise a lot of what it entails. Sexism, racism and an over-reliance on violence are so heavily ingrained that it is just disturbing. Any attempt to make comment on that, or suggestion that maybe we can do better is usually met with harrassment and death threats - totally disproving the idea that’s there’s too much violence in the gaming world.

Can you imagine any other fanbase spawning anything as ugly and disgusting as Gamergate? Imagine getting death and rape threats for daring to write an article criticisng the new Muse album. Or being driven from your home for suggesting that perhaps the portrayal of women in the latest Transformers film could be a bit better.

1 Like

Gaming pc’s, updates, crashes and patches for a slightly improve visual perfomance, PS4 for games, pc/laptop for ordering food/ booking holidays.

A bit like when I said Django Unchained was glorifying violence and was gratuitous, more shock less brain.

1 Like