Star Wars : The Force Awakens

Come back Jar Jar Binks; all is forgiven.

I’ll say no more cause most of you’ll not have seen it yet.

Concur, saw it last night and was impressed with the whole thing.

Would have vied Burp down just for the Jar Jar Binks reference

3D Imax Laser.

It’s one heck of a thing to watch on that I have to say. Like the planet is doing, I won’t comment on the movie but me & Mrs D_P enjoyed it (even if it re

3D Imax Laser.

It’s one heck of a thing to watch on that I have to say. Like the planet is doing, I won’t comment on the movie but me & Mrs D_P enjoyed it (even if it required an hour of episode IV-VI explanations/reminders afterwards

Mr BTripz started off the other day with “I don’t get this Star Wars thing”, then she got confused about the order of eps 1-3 and 4-6 and Darth Vader and then Annakin, etc. etc.

Then, because I was taking my son for his birthday, she said “Why didn’t you want to take your wife to see it?”

:lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

Im in cinema right now yo. They just showed us 4 consecutive marvel trailers. All of them look total capeshit rip

2 Likes

You should be at home commneting on the Miss Universe Scandal.

2 Likes

Hmm it’s like i.e if you’ve had iphones for years & then you start new job in Birmingham working 3 days per week & they give you Samsung Galaxy phone thing, and it’s kind of familiar, and sort of does the same things, but you quickly notice that round the edges, it’s kind of crappy and forgettable and the special magic that makes iphones ur favourite, is missing RIP

Still much better than the Blackberry that George Lucas uses tho RIP

this is literally the first negative review of the film I have seen and I can only assume that bearsy is a cunt. You should like star wars, bearsy. Don’t be a cunt. I’m looking forward to my illegal stream getting hold of it so I can watch it and be transported back to happier days. When I’m 73 I’m going to have an ear ring, like Harrison Ford.

1 Like

What i thought it was sort of alright! Somewhere around meh, or even slightly above. If i was IMDB i would expect it to have a rating of i.e 6.4. Somewhere between Ghostbusters 2 and i.e Capeshit 14

No spoilers, but something I noticed.

In the scene on the frozen planet, as The General addresses the massed ranks, as his speech goes on he becomes a Dalek?

In fact I was waiting for him to finish with Exterminate…

Bearsy. The film is of course Meh. Don’t you use Facebook?

However, it is a Meh that the world has (and really enjoys) to see, and that Meh rating is still like Messi compared to the Jermaine Wright of Episode 1

1 Like

No I’m not allowed on facebook :lou_sad: I’m more a Victim Of Hype.

What I like in movies is characters+gr8 Story+Good Acting & I wasn’t finding much of this. What I was finding was Spectacle + “wouldn’t it be cool + nostalgia if ----” & join the dots with dumb coincidences plotting & if you like this sort of thing i would Recommend!

I thought Emo Darth Vader was pretty good tho! He was pretty sweet. And the bird + the black dude was OK. All the scenes with Hans Solos + Leia was v.embarrassing tho RIP

They didn’t fuck it up. So that was cool.

My daughter had a nosebleed just as that bad thing happened. No tissues on me. Had to use the cinema ticket which isn’t very absorbent as it turns out.

1 Like

Just back from my first viewing. It’s good Star Wars, and miles better than the meandering prequel trilogies. I appreciate that’s not a glowing recommendation, but I’ve heard of reports of people going to see the Phantom Menace over and over again until they got it. I imagine people rewatching this film because they like it.

The plot is fantastically simple, but it doesn’t need to be super complex. If I had any criticisms, they’d be that Abrams didn’t go far enough in establishing his own take on the universe. It’s structurally similar to all the good Star Wars movies, and sometimes feels like rebaked elements of other films.

I suppose that is unavoidable when you’re doing your darndest to please the crowd after they’ve been jipped before, and people like me moaned their arses off when the same director tinkered with Trek. The long and short of it is that JJ Abrams made a Star Wars film, and on first viewing, it seems pretty damned good.

1 Like

Going to try and see it between Chrimbo and New year… always tricky as rest of family have no interest :lou_surprised: (how dare they) so will have to sneak off and go by myself… :lou_sad:

It’s weird, it being Christmas and all, but I’ve thought of little else since watching it. I’ve also seen a couple of reviews, including RedLetterMedia’s spoiler-filled review, which are broadly in line with what I thought about it.

It is a great Star Wars sequel, and after the problems with the prequel, always needed to be the film it is. My kids aren’t as seeped in Star Wars themselves. Probably fair to say that they’ve seen the originals at most once, and probably under some form of protest :lou_sunglasses:

My eldest kid, with the least experience of any of us, fucking loved it - and it kinda made me consider the movie through her eyes. If this was your first Star Wars film, I reckon it’d make many of the others look crap.

We’ll have to get a spoilers thread going because I am dying to discuss it.

Took the kids to see it last night. They werent impressed when I told them. They had grown up with the later films and didnt like them but they loved it last night and now want to go and watch the first trilogy. I wasnt sure what to expect but was pleasantly pleased. It could have gone horribly wrong but it follows the first three movies very well indeed and introduces us to some new characters who will take up the mantel well in the following movies. Job well done.

1 Like

Seen it twice now - once the day after the premier at the Odeon Leicester square and again with the kids on Xmas eve. Haven’t had an atmosphere like that at a film ever. Nervous anticipation in London with genuine whoops hollers tears and applause at the end. Big laugh for the ‘thumbs up’, big cheer for ‘I’ve got a bad feeling about this’ and gasps of horror at ‘that bit’ .

Majorly impressed that they even came close to living up the insane levels of hype and expectation - couldn’t care less about the comparrison to ‘a new hope’ , its way beyond anything I’d hoped and Rey is a badass character who raises more questions than answers. Can’t wait for the blue ray

Oh and in 3D the star destrotyer poking out ofthe screen made me squee with excitement :))

2 Likes

Came alive in 3D - big Grin :lou_lol:

i was prob bit harsh. I haven’t thought about it much since i saw it, in fact i can barely remember what happened or why, but the other day i was in shower and i started wondering if Luke Skywalker is gonna bang that bird from the desert that would be sweet can’t wait for ep 2 or ep 9 or whatever it is i lose track.