SPOTY - anyone still care?

Also, ‘his’ big achievement this year was a team one.

No doubt he played a big part in the Davis Cup win. But still, there were other members of the team, who’ll never get a fraction of the attention he already does.

Meh. Least it wasn’t Fury.

1 Like

I haven’t got a great deal of time for non-sports sports programming anyway. I never used to be like this. Back in the day, I’d watch A Question of Sport if it was on. Can’t stand it anymore. It really only exists as a cash payment scheme for unfunny and/or retired sports people, and a justification for people who watch too much sport. Sort of.

“See? I got all the questions on this weeks QoS right! It’s all been worth it!”

“So what have you won exactly?”

“Well, they don’t let the general public in. I won the respect of the people in my house”.

“How does that break down in terms of numbers”.

“Zero, of course. I’m the sort of fellow that tunes into Question of Sport every week. There’s a living room exodus every time Sue Barker appears on screen.”

They should change the title from Personality of the Year, it’s a bit misleading.

1 Like

Beautiful tribute to the recently departed in the second video clip, I reckon.

There seemed to be more of a review of the years sport when they did it in a studio and locked the public out. Now it is more about entertaining the people in the arena, or so it seems to me.

As individual achievements go I didn’t think Murray deserved it. Hamilton won a third championship, froome became the first Brit to win two tours, Rutherford and Ennis became world champs adding to their Olympic medals, even Fury became world champ. Murray didn’t win a slam, in fact he only got to one final. The Davis cup is a team event and he was recognised for that.

1 Like

Erik Carlsson was a great rally driver who we lost this year, brother-in-law of Stirling Moss and three times winner of the RAC Rally - I don’t see him in that video.

BBC, you missed out legends and you promoted homophobes.

What a shit excuse for a show.

Not watched it since Ryan Giggs won it for playing when he was 38 or something like that. Since then I’ve realised it’s a sycophantic wankfest.

SPOTY - anyone still care?

I’m picking up vibes that the answer’s NO, Gay.

Do we care?

Enough to gather a mob with burning torches and storm the building.

1 Like

9.9m people disagree

Burn the witches! Yeah!!! :lou_surprised:

To be fair Goaty, think this gets played up too much. He’s just a bit introverted and probably just a shy character. He can be quite amusing as with the Wothing Joke …

1 Like

Aye, he must be able to keep Kim amused somehow…$$$

Although, of course, she’s been his other half since they were about 14 - say before the $$$$$

1 Like

Yes 9.9m - including me, stumbling across the final dregs of the show as the sorry affair overran.

The day that I start agreeing with the masses is the day I buy the Sun, go to One Direction gigs, support Man United and get excited about celebrity gossip.

I’m very comfortable in the minority thanks. :smile:

4 Likes

He timed the punchline badly though. Still, stand up isnt his thing.

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Do we care?

Enough to gather a mob with burning torches and storm the building.

9.9m people disagree

Bugger all else on though. I was channel hoping trying to find something else to watch until The Apprentice final and couldnt find anything.

It was worth watching for Bailey Matthews (amazing), and, to a much lesser extent, for Michael O’Neill and the NI team. I only channel hopped over for these two bits fortunately.

Originally posted by @KRG

She did a launch event for us last year, I was helping out to demo the new game and met her briefly. She was a bit odd (I honestly think that lifestyle does weird things to people’s brains), but yeah she is stunning.

If you insist on treating women like pieces of meat then go back to SWF. I sick of this sort of thing.