Sports Direct - sick pay!

I would like to see their terms and conditions. You take a day off sick and you get sacked? Blimey a very strange story and not great press for the business!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34178412

So their ‘strike’ system includes “Excessive or long toilet breaks”.

Who’s judging that one then? I now have an image of Mike Ashley standing outside the bogs, stopwatch in hand, with a face like thunder.

1 Like

And they’re costing the NHS and emergency services a small fortune in call-outs.

What a vile company - boycott them!

First , Mike Ashley just won’t give a shit

Second, the public at large will continue to buy their shite cos its cheap so there will be no incentive to change.

Third, they will just blame the recruitment company who manage the agency staff.

The y are a pretty odious company.

I would be interested in some comparisons for give the article a point of reference. What is usual for a warehouse with 3000 workers in it? they average 3 calls out a month. Is that normal or high?

** ** With that amount of workers in it you should already have qualified medical staff on site, These people should have already evaluated anybody prior to calling the emergency services. So I would like to say they are genuine problems.

2 Likes