:pl: :saintsfc: Southampton v Chelsea :chelseafc: (Live on :bt_sport: Sport)

Hmm, they have a Chumpions League quarter final v Atheltico Mince on the Tuesday after this match,maybe they’ll have one eye on that, hopefully…

1 Like

Well, it seems unanimous so far.

We’re going to get slaughtered here, aren’t we. Damage limitation from their first goal onwards, which will probably arrive 5 minutes after kick off.

How about JWP at RB and the return of a tough-tackling midfielder after his 3 match ban?

Jankewitz’s Redemption has a nice ring to it.

How do you get on playing FM21?

I don’t and nor have I ever.

1 Like

With selections like that I can see why

:rofl:

Can’t believe you left me such an easy open goal!

If Ralph was happy to start him at O.T. I don’t see why he wouldn’t try him against Chelsea. The longer you leave it, the more difficult it becomes.

1 Like

Yes, it worked out so well at Old Trafford. He looked really promising for at least two of his three minutes on the pitch before his sending off, I don’t see why Ralph wouldn’t start him against Chelsea either. :+1::+1:

Don’t you mean 75 of the 79 seconds??

4 Likes

He was playing so superbly that it seemed like longer. :unamused:

2 Likes

So you’re never going to play him again?

That’s very Sanchez of you.

1 Like

Shush - he’s banned - go to the Site Announcements thread. :+1:

You’d start him against Chelsea, then?

If we have to play JWP at RB, which is preferable to Stephens.

2 Likes

So Ralph confirms what we thought. KWP, Diallo and Theo missing. KWP likely out for a few weeks.

a Lawro speaks

Southampton v Chelsea (12:30 GMT)

Thomas Tuchel has made an excellent start as Chelsea manager. He has put together a nice little run of five straight wins in all competitions, and he has done it by, first and foremost, making them difficult to play against.

With six successive league defeats, Southampton are at the opposite end of the form table. They have not turned into a bad side, but they will be short of confidence and it hard to see them ending that run this weekend.

Lawro’s prediction: 0-2

Sam’s prediction: It won’t be spectacular but Chelsea will get the job done. It will be one of those games where you are just nodding off as their second goal goes in. 0-2

Corrected it for you

2 Likes

Thanks @Rugbysaint, TBH I was expecting @Polski_Filip to select that option

1 Like

I have a cunning new tactical plan. Involving Wellington boots.

More later

I predict that I will continue to hate football this weekend

3 Likes