:saints: 🤾‍♀️ Southampton FC Women

Full time 0-2

Charlton looked a lot sharper and we’re the better team, but after the penalty save that could have made it 0-3, we had a couple of really good chances to make it 2-1, which might have made it interesting.

We have made a lot of changes over the summer and it is always going to take time for the team to gel, as well as getting used to this level.

Charlton are one of the favourites for the league, but we will need to improve on that performance, I think this season could be a reality check, but hopeful for a mid table finish rather than fighting relegation.

Att - 2,444

2 Likes

Lewes v Southampton

12:30 kick off tomorrow. I will not get to watch it as I am out. Bad timing!

Let’s hope we can can points on the board.

2 Likes

Unfortunate slip?

1 Like

2-2 Full time

A good point today considering we were 2-0 down.

Morris 62
Rafferty 69.

3 Likes

Great result 1-2 win at Palace today. They were top.

Amazing performance that. I have been swinging through trees :deciduous_tree: this afternoon and just seen the final score :smiley:

6 Likes

Great result today at Bristol City, another team who were top of the league. Ok they had the majority of the ball and chances, but a very good performance in all.

Bristol City 1-1 Southampton

3 Likes

Great result tonight. Seems to be coming together, up to 5th.

3 Likes

Key this season is consolidate in that top 5/6. Great start

1 Like

Well the season gets better and better. I was away during half term, but 2 more wins since the last post saw us sitting in 2nd place for a couple of hours. But this evening we sit 3rd.

Last weekend we won at Sheffield United 0-1 and today we won at home to Sunderland 1-0. That is now 3 x 1-0 in a row. We look very organised indeed.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-10-30/womens-match-report-saints-vs-sunderland-october-2022

5 Likes

Currently 3-0 at home vs Coventry, in injury time :grin:

2 Likes

Great result tonight and up to 2nd

Wilkinson hat-trick

3 Likes

Well today was a bit of a disappointment. With Bristol City the only unbeaten team in the championship losing at home to Brum we had the chance to go joint top or top if London City slipped up.

But our draw away at Blackburn 1-1 means we stay 3rd and London City won at Sheffield U, so 3rd it is. You need to take these sort of chances!

1 Like

Time to get this thread back on track.

Great win today on the opening day of the season with a 4-1 away win at Lewes.

Pops us on top the table. I’m quite optimistic about this season and think we will improve on last season.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/teams/mens-team?teamId=women

2 Likes

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/womens-report-lewes-1-4-saints

Oh go on then!

Find the fixtures here. I will only make the northern away games as per, but try and get along if you can. :smiley:

Get along

1 Like

Another great result today for Southampton women, 2-0 at home to Blackburn at SMS.

Keeps us top by 2 points and another home game next week. No attendance given, so do not think they are getting many along, which is a shame as they are at SMS.

1 Like

Was not on it last weekend, but saw we lost to Sunderland at home, as I was running around near their home in South Shields.

But a great response to that loss, unlike the mens team on Friday, the women pulled off the reverse of the men’s in a 1-4 away win at Reading! Fantastic result.

The results, table and a couple of photos from today, as we again sit on top of the championship. Shame we did not get the 3 points last week.

Would be great to get into the top flight!

4 Likes