🛫 🗺 Sotonian's Virtual Summer Holidays 🛬

Did the Lizard last week with the family, caravan park, was very relaxing

1 Like

Never caught their surname, or if I did their 7% beer made it a fleeting memory

Well.
If anyone has an airline voucher & wants an great Countryside vacation, we’re still open…

:wink:

Mind you, the way your numbers are going, the rest of the world is more likely to ban you from travelling than you having quarantine worries…

!4 night Mediterranean Cruise in May 2020 - CANCELLED (re-scheduled for same time 2021 :crossed_fingers:)

14 nights in adults only resort in Marsa Alam, Egypt in July - CANCELLED (re-scheduled for Aug 2021 :crossed_fingers:)

Following Egypt cancellation in Jun:
14 nights in adult only resort in Cape Verde in November - CANCELLED (need a fucking break somewhere FFS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

7 nights in adult only area with swim out room in St. Lucia in November - Counting down 53 days to go :national_park: :desert_island: :beer: :tropical_drink:

That’s a lot of “adult” holidays. You sound very grown up.

Dirty bastard.

6 Likes

Not summer, but me and Mrs C_S went for a week in Iceland for a delayed 25th wedding anniversary at the end of Jan / early February this year - a year late - #Teenage Mutant A levels last year…

came back straight into nursing Dad through his unexpectedly last illness, still, we had a great time.

Uploading: IMG_2021.MOV…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Ok he we go with a few pictures taken on this day, 14th September over a few years of our travels…

The first two from Sir Basil and Lady Slowlane’s tour of the Norfolk Coast in 2015…

1 Like

These from 2013’s visit to the distant Principality of Wales…

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Two people I know have just flown there today

1 Like

Gonna be cold & wet weekend tbh.
But I can confirm the Wodka Bar has reopened in the old town!

1 Like

2 Likes

When were you there? We went 3rd week of Lockdown…was very quiet and all the pubs were closed, which was a bit of a bummer. Came home a week early. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Time to start planning for next year.
Where do you guys fancy?

4 Likes

We’ve lined up The Lounge in February.

On Tuesday we went out and bought a nice corner sofa , it’s due the first week in February if us old folks make it through the winter.

3 Likes

I’m off for a short break in Winchester! Spa hotel, japanese restaurant and cocktail bar all booked.
Yeah, it’s only for a night but it beats the lounge.

3 Likes

I am getting close to selling body parts to get away from home

I am losing faith by the hour about our padstow trip in a couple of weeks

2 Likes

Just to be at home for a little while with the grandkids would be nice.

3 Likes